• RMweb Gold

Does anyone on here use AutoCAD and have a set of Peco track blocks drawn up that I could copy?

I'm just about to start planning a layout, and given I use CAD everyday, I thought getting the CAD blocks would be quicker than leaning another package like xtrkcad.

If anyone knows of another way of track planning to scale, then let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

I had considered importing the Peco .pdfs into AutoCAD and tracing over them, in the end I just printed them at something like 1:10 and planned things on paper.

Peco .pdfs: http://www.peco-uk.c...p?id=pointplans

Tracing the .pdfs wouldn't be difficult, just time consuming, or you coud try a .pdf to .dwg converter, I've tried this one before:

http://anydwg.com/

Edit: just had a look at one of the templates and I doubt it could be converted with the program above, it needs lines like a regular CAD file, not what looks like a photo of the point.

*No connection etc. etc.

Mike

As someone who's been there, done that, I wouldn't recommend using autocad for layout planning - I only did so as I used it on a daily basis and had access to it and my thinking was along similar lines that it would be a quicker/cheaper process. It wasn't. Obviously what it is good at is all the other aspects such as your baseboard planning/joinery, etc.

That said I do have a partial set of Peco plans in .dwg format. They are fairly crude, just simple line drawings traced over scanned Peco paper templates (they date from before the pdfs were available on the Peco website). PM me if you'd like them.

• RMweb Gold

Just come across AnyRail and downloaded the trial version. Where has this been all my life. Its so easy to use!

As for tracing over the PDF's, that might be worthwhile if I find the time, but given that AnyRail seems so easy, I think I'll run with that.

Thanks for the help.

Archived