LNWR - Coal Tanks - Bashers, Gadgets & Mourners!

Penlan

A new book, Bashers Gadgets & Mourners - the life and times of the LNWR Coal Tanks, published by the Bahamas Locomotive Society.

Details can be found here (scroll down the page) http://chasewaterstu...nwr-coal-tanks/ . I sent a cheque off on Friday 26th Aug with a copy of the form from the web site and it's arrived today, the 30th Aug (BH weekend too!) now that's some service - Well done the staff at Ingrow Loco Shop. The book is available from the shop to personal callers at Ingrow Loco (obviously!) - the museum of the Bahamas Locomotive Society on the KWVR.

The book will also be available from the BLS exhibition stand at the LMS - NRM 24/25 September 2011.

Unfortunatly as it's my birthday on Saturday (3rd), the family have confiscated it till then,

but it's a heavy book (and I thought Ted Talbot had covered the subject to death in depth in his own LNWR books),

so I'm looking forward to seeing it then.

Well my birthdays here and the book is great, the details, drawings, photo's and a CD with various peoples comments on that worked on Coal Tanks, are of a top notch quality.

The icing on the cake for me was the cover photo of a Coal Tank at Ebbw Vale with an early LNWR slotted signal visible, I had seen the postcard, but this print from the Gerald Davies collection is superb.

From a modelling point of view, so much detail, so little time................

• 2 weeks later...

I concur with everything Penlan says about this book. Anyone interested in steam locomotives from the Victorian period onwards should get a copy. It contains a wealth of information about the day to day operation of a railway, maintainance of locos, etc.

Congratulations to the author Peter Skellon and thanks to the Bahamas Locomoitve Society as publishers.

Archived