Signalling Help Needed for a Small East Anglian Terminus.

• RMweb Gold

With my limited, but growing, knowledge, I *think* you will need a run round loop, off the platform line, I've not seen any which don't have this, but like I say, I'm only just getting to grips with the area.

Thanks for the advice- my scenario is that they've recently taken the run- around out to cut costs.

Then the loco shed would be disused as the service would just be DMUs and any signalling would likely have gone with the run round.

But if the siding is in use at all it will still need a trap point to protect the running line.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

If you are modelling a 'rationalised layout' you need to first imagine how it would have been then rationalised it. As Beast says a round round loop would have been there. If they round round was rationalised surely the engine shed would go too unless you model it 'out of use'. Perhaps if you specify the era you are modelling it would help. To my mind the modern East Anglian layout par excellance is Chris Turnbull's Cromer. Very simple and most atmospheric.

Don

Signalling Help Needed for a Small East Anglian Terminus.

Hello!

I was wondering whether anybody could help me with signalling for a small east anglian terminus- the track plan is attached!

Thanks, LochEctary1

With such little track remaining there wouldn't be any need for any were the line to be worked One Engine In Steam/One Train Working. The points would be connected to a ground frame, locked via an Annet's Key attached tot he train staff.

However, there wouldn't be any need for any sidings or a loco shed at this terminus, as others above have already pointed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived