Shaftesbury this is Shaftesbury NSE Terminus Station layout

NSE DAZ

Not keen on 3rd rail EMUs but I must say it is a cracking model and suits the NSE livery well well!!

Cheers daryl, I would say this but I think it suites this livery a little better than the blue and grey :yes:

Chris Green would be proud of you Daz. I am looking forward to seeing this one progress

Paul R

Cheers Paul, I hope that I am making Chris proud :ok: ;)

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi all,

Time is moving on swiftly but progress not :no: still not all is lost I have started work on the new station canopy, transforming a modern day structure to a early 90's one, it is surprising what a bit of NSE red and grey branding can do :sungum:

The canopy work is far from complete as I need to add the signage ect.. but thought I would share my little progress with you all.

The kit all sprayed in the vibrant red and grey :sungum:

003-49.jpg

Construction begins :mail:

005-42.jpg

A few hours later I have placed the semi finished article on the unfinished platform :roll:

007-30.jpg

009-34.jpg

013-20.jpg

008-34.jpg

All is needed now is the track to be fully laid so the new addition tome fleet the superb EBP in NSE livery can grace the station

008-33.jpg

017-13.jpg

Now I must get back to finishing the track work and leave the scenics to the track work is complete :locomotive:

Hi Daz, that canopy looks awesome! Who makes it?

Look forward to more updates.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Many thanks, this is actually a Faller HO scale ICE platform kit, A bit modern for me but as I have mentioned after a generous coat of NSE red its fits in well at Shaftesbury :yes:

Hi Matt,

Many thanks, this is actually a Faller HO scale ICE platform kit, A bit modern for me but as I have mentioned after a generous coat of NSE red its fits in well at Shaftesbury :yes:

Thanks Daz, might get some for my next OO layout. Whenever that will be built I don't know!

Matt.

Hi all,

Not much progress same old hurdle work!!!!! :no: but just been down to the den and knocked up a rail built buffer stop, I am not over happy with what is on the market and I can create this for around £1.50 so a real credit cruncher :locomotive: I will be needing five of theses but before I knock up the rest I thought I would see what you think? OK they are not perfect but neither am I :beee: .

I will be adding the double red light behind them all as well, once the ballast and weeds ect are in place I think it will transform the look of them again icon_wink.gif

008-35.jpg

010-23.jpg

009-35.jpg

003-51.jpg

I know I should not be doing scenic work just yet but I could not resist :sungum:

I will have the whole day in the den tomorrow so might make some progress :locomotive:

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Still not much of an update :no: but I have a new addition to the fleet, the fantastic 4 VEP :sungum: This is a stunning unit I think it will look better after a weathering session :paint: but she blends in well with my other EMU's :sungum:

003-52.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-43.jpg

002-43.jpg

And a shot of the platform in situ

008-36.jpg

007-31.jpg

With all this slam door action at Shaftesbury it has given me a real boost to crack on :locomotive:

More soon all the best Daren NSE DAZ

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

The last few weeks Shaftesbury has come to a stand still, I have lost all my enthusiasm with this build :O after Shaftesbury MK1 was dismantled I am really struggling to move on :drag:

Now after a couple of weeks I have decided to take the plunge and have a dabble in the world of 0 gauge this will be a refreshing start for me and I must admitt really looking forward to it :sungum:

This decision was made and I have put out a few feelers on the whole 0 gauge cost's and availability of RTR stock, I was surprised what was on the market admittedly 80% is in kit form but nevertheless I was very impressed with the modern image range that's about :sungum: I have been in deep talks with a couple of mates :secret: who will at times assist me as usual with all the technical jobs :blum:

I will let you all in on my first loco which is being custom built in the form of a class 50 50 033 Glorious which you guess will be in NSE livery with working lights sound and a smoke generator to release all the fantastic clagg into the atmosphere :whistle:

Sorry to mess you guy's around I will start a new thread soon :yes:

Its a shame the old layout had to go Daz, but youve made a really impressive start with this one!

You've done two layouts in the time its taken me just to prep my loft!

Keep up the pictures and updates!

Trev

Shame, I really liked the way this was coming along. I don't know if it was based on an actual location, but I thought it had that really typically charecteristic feel of the Southern Region.

I look forward to seeing the big 50 :sungum:

Hi Vac basher, many thanks Shaftesbury was fictitious but heavily based on the Southern Region, glad you thought I captured this :yes:

The big O gauge layout will be based on the Southern Region as well keep an eye out ;)

Blimey Daz that's a sudden about turn in focus!

Are you selling up the OO collection or putting it into warm storage? I look forward to more updates and especially the Class 50! :sungum:

Hi Ian,

The OO collection is now split into a storage pile and sell pile.

I can confirm that today I paid the deposit on 50 033 Glorious which will include the following spec: Full revised NSE Livery, DCC Sound ESU 5XL, 2 motors to shift the beast, Driver/buffer-beam detail fitted, and the Peter Clark Smoke and lighting kit that will have a custom built exhaust system so the clagg can escape from the four outlets on the 50 :sungum:

Good luck Daz,

This changing your mind thing must be in the Dorset water!! Although I haven't yet decided to go to O gauge. Sounds really interesting thoough and I look forward to seeing this venture progress...

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott, this darn water in Dorset xD

Hope you enjoy the new journey?

Its a shame the old layout had to go Daz, but youve made a really impressive start with this one!

You've done two layouts in the time its taken me just to prep my loft!

Keep up the pictures and updates!

Trev

Hi Trev,

Many thanks, lets hope its third time Lucky :scratchhead: hmm what about Z gauge :lol:

Hi Darrren

Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Whose kit is the 50? I have one in blue which was an old Parkins kit. Not as good as Peter Waterman's but you pays your money and makes your choice!

Paul R

Hi Darrren

Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Whose kit is the 50? I have one in blue which was an old Parkins kit. Not as good as Peter Waterman's but you pays your money and makes your choice!

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Many thanks, it is a nerve racking time :mail:

The 50 kit is one from PRMRP link http://www.prmrp.com/locomotive_kits.htm scroll half way down to see the kit I have chosen the kit to be painted in the revised NSE livery :sungum:

I will be starting a new thread real soon

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Archived