LNER C12 drawing/side view

• RMweb Premium

Hello everybody!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a side view/diagram of a LNER Ivatt C12 4-4-2 tank? I'm scratchbuilding one in N and would like to know the size of the tanks, cab and bunker.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Hello everybody!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a side view/diagram of a LNER Ivatt C12 4-4-2 tank? I'm scratchbuilding one in N and would like to know the size of the tanks, cab and bunker.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Its going back a bit, but there were also plans in Model Railway Constructor for August 1971. Also an article on scratchbuilding a 4mm version.

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Premium

Hi thank you for your replies, and for the PM Atso :D The RCTS book doesn't have the diagrammes for the C12s but is full of lots of other usefull information. I'll be charting progress on my workbench thread on here, but I doubt anything will happen for a few weeks!

Thanks again

Simon

Hi Simon,

I will be scratchbuilding one in 0 gauge (when I find the time) and I have the Issinglass plans, they are really good. Don't know if they do them for N gauge though. If you google lner c12 you will find some photo's of various loco's. The lner society's page gives you a couple of shots, one of which is a good side on view but it has the earlier square cornered tanks and bunker, also the condensing equipment. There are some of the later loco's with the rounded tanks and bunker on other sites, and IIRC there's one photo at Lincoln shed which is a good side view, another good one is a front 3/4 view taken at Hull I think, other photo's taken at Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Stamford and other places which I've forgotten. Be very careful with the handrails, there is a difference. Also if you are modelling one of the condensing type, the equipment can be either side of the boiler/smokebox and the pipework is different.

As I live near Horncastle can you send me a PM.

Hope this helps you.

Alan

Archived