32-781 37/0 br blue running problem.

Elagage56

hi

ordered and recived this model a couple of weeks ago, but i cant get it to run smoothly. it runs fine at speed on my test loop. but at slow speed it runs very un evenly.

as my main layout is a short end to end i dont run locos at speed. it runs a little then strains, then runs and strains again..... like the gears have some teeth that dont fit and so are forcing round.

i have not tryed dismounting the gear towers, i'd like to see if anyne has any ideas or if Bachmann will reply with an idea befor i try taking it apart...

cheers in advance

A straight return to the retailer for exchange for an equivalent unit is another option, if it hasn't settled to smoth slow running after an hour of medium speed running in. The grease on the gear towers alone can make the running lumpy if it has hardened a little in the time since manufacture, but that usually clears after a few minutes continuous medium speed running.

You do not say where you bought it from. First step with any problems should ALWAYS be contact the supplying dealer as your contract is with them and NOT Bachmann. When you consider the many thousands of products these companies make there will always be the odd rogue amongst them. It is in the Companies interest to ensure that these are rectified but your first port of call is to the supplier and BEFORE you take it apart to look at it yourself.

Funny you should mention this Elagage; ran mine for the first time a couple of hours ago and that's exactly what mine did. Surged / slipped at slow speed; almost like the previous problems with the flywheel sliping on the motor spindle. Going to strip mine down tonight and investigate!!

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should mention this Elagage; ran mine for the first time a couple of hours ago and that's exactly what mine did. Surged / slipped at slow speed; almost like the previous problems with the flywheel sliping on the motor spindle. Going to strip mine down tonight and investigate!!

A quick strip down of one bogie revealed a ridiculous amount of grease and a distinct 'tightness' when the mechanism was hand turned. A strip-down and degrease resolved the issue and she now runs A ok!

Archived