CCT Roof Pictures

Gazza

Hi everyone,

I have trawled the net and few Web sites, I'm trying to find some pictures of the roof of a CCT or a GUV, need the help to give me some sort of reference so when I come to paint and weather model I will have a good starting point.

Ideally a good picture with rust spots and the roof paint peeling would be great, can any one help

cheers

Gaz

What sort of CCT/GUV did you have in mind? Only the BR ones actually had steel roofs and these were generally galvanised(see this Paul Bartlett shot for a rather extreme example of a weathered roof) so even a roof in poor condition won't have much rust, but it likely won't have much paint either. Mostly, what you find on coach roofs (regardless of construction) is muck, with more on the top than towards the cantrail as this picture might suggest.

Adam

PS: BR CCT's can be be found in this Paul Bartlett gallery: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brnpccs

Dear Gaz

Did you find this useful? (did anyone else!?). Although a standing ovation and a vote of thanks would be overdoing it, an acknowledgement of some kind is always appreciated, if only to know whether or not I'm barking up totally the wrong tree...

Adam

• 2 months later...

Some GUVs and CCTs look like they have two tone roofs, giving the impression that the top/center of the roof is dirty. A lot of these vehicles were spray painted and a lot went on the lower part of the roof. When the roof was painted the roof paint didnot always cover the over spray adequatley, in some cases the roof was painted first then the body and very little masking took place.

As vehicles weathered the roof colour often changed to a mottled light grey, many shades lighter than the original dark grey. On brush painted examples the brush mars became very noticable.

Al Taylor

Archived