Changing CV's on the Dynamis

binny

I have been using the Dynamis for some time and am more than pleasded with it. However, I keep reading that it is possible to alter CV values. I particularly wish to alter CV 63-the sound level, and I cannot find how it is done. Can you fellow RM Webbers help please.

binny

Mornin'

Put the loco on a piece of clean track and connect up.

Select the address of the loco you wish to alter, press programme button,( lower right of the 4 buttons ) side-scroll the stick 'till you see programme xxxx,

press programme button again, side-scroll stick 'till you see programme on service track,, press programme button again.

Now enter the number of the CV you wish to alter,63, then drop down to the value setting using the second left button,

now enter the value you require. Now press the programme button again..After programming press the return button ( second right) 'till you return to normal handset window

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi

I use Dynamis too. It is an excellent tool for smaller layouts in my opinion . The only problem I have had with it is that it is sometimes reluctant to programme certain things on the maintrack. However, connect up a short programme only track (not connected to maintrack or you will change the lot of them!) and it has always worked. I am not sure if this is a Dynamis quirk or to do with some of my decoders but as the fix is easy it doesn't matter.

Regards

Chris

I only ever use a service track because of some of the limitations with mainline programming, my service track is located on a refuelling road protected by insulated rail joiners, when my locos 'need fuel' any CVs can be altered then.

All the best.

Michael

Hi Guys

I have a question on Dynamis. I have an NCE and I sent a loco to a customer who has a Dynamis. Now the problem he is having the loco I sent has duel decoders in it and he thinks he may have mixed up the address for the second decoder as he now cannot get into it. It is working 2 functions are on.

The main decoder is a loksound 4.0 no problems with that, the second decoder is a TCS FL4 that he now doesnt know the address for.

How does he just programme a new address into the TCS without effecting the lok. I think he may need to isolate the Lok completely and then programme the TCS. Is their another way? He is also not confidant using the programme track but I believe watching that video should help.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Guys

I have a question on Dynamis. I have an NCE and I sent a loco to a customer who has a Dynamis. Now the problem he is having the loco I sent has duel decoders in it and he thinks he may have mixed up the address for the second decoder as he now cannot get into it. It is working 2 functions are on.

The main decoder is a loksound 4.0 no problems with that, the second decoder is a TCS FL4 that he now doesnt know the address for.

How does he just programme a new address into the TCS without effecting the lok. I think he may need to isolate the Lok completely and then programme the TCS. Is their another way? He is also not confidant using the programme track but I believe watching that video should help.

Hard because Dynamis cannot read, so working blind. As the ESU lacks options for decoder locking, I think the only way out is to disconnect the ESU decoder first.

- Nigel

Archived