Long Shot (but if you don't ask, you don't get!)

shortliner

I had this email this morning from a friend in Canada

"Gents: This is like asking if you know Fred Smith of New York, when you meeta New Yorker in Timbuktu. On Carl Arendt's web page: http://www.carendt.c...lans/index.html There is reference to a John Dale and his Defiance Mine diorama in7/8". This was added in 2002. By any stretch of the imagination, do you know if John Dale is stillaround, alive, has email, what club he belongs to? I'd like to find out how his Defiance Mine in 7/8" turned out."

John Dale lived in Shepshed at the time of the posting, but does not appear in the current phone book, so he may be ex-directory. If anyone knows the gentleman I'd appreciate it if they could ask him to get in touch with me. chacmool at lineone dot net (replacing the appropriate words with symbols). Any assistance much appreciated

There's a model club in Shepshed, who do have (i think) an annual exhibition. Useful as a first point of contact??

Details from Leicester internet directory:-

Shepshed Model Railway Club We build, run and exhibit model railways.

Meet at: Glenmore Centre, 79, Thorpe Road, Shepshed, LOUGHBOROUGH, LE12 9LX

When: Wednesday from 7.30pm.

Contact: Chris Walker, Secretary, 1, Shepherds Close, Shepshed, LOUGHBOROUGH, LE12 9SQ

Tel: 01509 504319

Email: g1etz@aol.com

Apologies Jack....I've only just spotted this....I think your friend e-mailed me recently, anyhow to cut a long story short 'Defiance Mine' came, went and is no more. It was an experiment in 7/8ths to the foot scale in a very small space in which the loco and a couple of wagons worked fine. It was only when I added a couple of low relief buildings that it all started to look a bit naff, and to be honest was not very interesting to operate....so i scrapped it.....it was too big a scale for me :-)

Archived