In the cabinet

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang,

The Dapol stand had - and not seen mentioned so far was a good looking Mk3 in R&D Red and Blue as a test item ! Some windows to be "plated and given grills" by the printing process like the recent Mk 1s. Just need to finsh 252001 and an APT power car - now there are two models on the "oddities list" - now if folk make one/ two offs perhaps these might get up the agenda..

Also in the cabinet were 66 in Europort and Daytime/night time liveries - possibly end 4th Q or early next was Dave`s hoped for slot !

The 121 and 26s looked the part - all on order and not too far away - some may be in Chirk due to the delivery process- bang goes what is left of the bank balance.

Not in the Cabinet were a good selection of end of run items at knoch down show prices.

and Really not in the cabinet was a note in the latest Dapol club sheet was a member offer for Dutch 26 and 5 matching dogfish...

finally really really not in the cabinet were Dave`s crew of Dapol staff having a fun weekend- thanks for the laughs. - tI seems they had a little game to see who would be brave enough to ask customers an unsual question - all harmless fun and a draw at the end but it kept them all happy.

Looking forward to the open day..

Robert Shrives - a cream crackered steward from the show !

Nowt wrong with posting this. I've not heard much about what else (if anything) was revealed at TINGS apart from those signals.

I might be speaking out of turn, but I feel distinctly underwhelmed about the "announcement", expecting a surprise appearance from one of the Magnificent 7 - remember them ?

There, I've said it now.

Hi Dave,

i understand your feelings, and i do differ as i think the signals are a pretty major bit of kit. After all we need to have lineside furniture on our layouts dont we? ;)

Anyway, rest assured that on October 8th at the Annual Dapol N'thusiast open day we will be unveiling 3 new products to our members.

As for the Mag 7, rest assured this is being addressed, and we are slowly getting there, with just the

Pendolino

2884 class 2-8-0

class 56

still outstanding.

As you know the Pendolino is on the back burner as a production mkodel is concerned until we feel there will be a market to take the model.

This leaves 2 which are pencilled in for the not too distant future.

then i can turn my eyes to the 92 and other treats for the coming few years.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, rest assured that on October 8th at the Annual Dapol N'thusiast open day we will be unveiling 3 new products to our members.

Oooh, I somehow missed this little nugget of information. 3 new products?

Since you have already mentioned the M7 and other things, can we assume that these are completely new and not metioned previously? Also, you mention "products", does that mean (like those nifty signals) that they will not necessarily be for running on the rails?

Archived