Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

RS Tower in October CM

shortliner

• RMweb Gold

There's some clips on Youtube - this one gives possibly the best overview

The scenic side to my eye is very well observed, it's got the clean - even clinical - look of an architects model at first glance but the style of modelling does match the feel of the real place very well from what I can tell.

Andrew, on the plan in CM there's a short spur off the single line end in the staging yard, what does that do out of interest?

Personally that's where the Mindheim-esque industrial branch wins, trying to get something that's believable from a prototypical point of view but achievable - but that can also be limiting operationally as well so it's at best *an* answer not *the* answer to 'what's the best type of train set'... ;)

Most of the area around the station is very clean and tidy and the concrete roads parking and sidewalks are all very clean concrete hence in the photos it does come across very clinical. The roads have the concrete joint lines in them and light weathering but this just doesn't come out well in the photos due to the high contrast. There is a plain area on the front by the main grade crossing. After this years trip to Santa Barbara we managed to find a gap in the green fencing and now know that a good part of this are has been excavated to form a basement and only the basement slab is in place with steel and timber earthwork support around the perimeter. I am hoping to get this altered in time for the Bournemouth NMRABR convention but the new layout Banbury is taking precedence at the moment. This leads me on to the question about the short siding in the staging yard. The staging yard is also used on the new Banbury layout and the trackwork off scene had to be altered to accept both Santa Barbara and Banbury resulting in making use of one of the turnouts to create a short siding on the Santa Barbara boards. This can be used for a light engine move of short maintenance train.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Anyone have any links to Santa Barbara photos? I will not see the CM with this and Martyn's RS Tower for a couple of months..........

Best, Pete.

Pete

I have a few photos on our website www.modelrailsoutheast.co.uk but still need to update with more photos when I get chance.

Ian

Ian, I went to that site and saw the first photo in the introduction. Unfortunately on the page for Santa Barbara proper all I saw apart from the text was a row of blue "?"! I'm using a Mac and Safari.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold
Ian, I went to that site and saw the first photo in the introduction. Unfortunately on the page for Santa Barbara proper all I saw apart from the text was a row of blue "?"! I'm using a Mac and Safari.

Best, Pete.

Pete

I must admit I have only checked it using Firefox and IE. Will update it etc after Barrow show and check it using Safari. All of Banbury is working well except for one Peco turnout that has a short when thrown in one direction but not the other. Just can't find out what is wrong ever after disconnecting the wires for polarity change. Luckily its only to a couple of stabling sidings.

Archived