Bachmann class 40 tanks

murray1

Can anyone help me , is it possible to buy replacement water tank removed from the model of the Class 47 - 47169 by Bachmann. I would want to re-number to a Haymarket based loco with the tank in place. Do any of the companies who make detailing items make one , or do you have to butcher from an old model.

This is one of those topics that reguarly comes up on here or it's previous incarnations.One of those threads will provide more information AFAIK there isn't an aftermarket replacement. You can contact Bachmann through their website to see if they do it as a spare, but I doubt you will get the required part.

Guest 40-something

Hi

I contacted Bachmann about this very thing, the Bachmann 40 chassis I used for my Lima/Bach 40 was the one with no tanks, I was informed that I would need to buy a complete underframe moulding to have the tank (think it was about £13), so I took the moulding from the LIma underframe which after a little bit of fettling and detailing, gives a good representation of the tanks.

Try ebay for a cheap lima moulding (or even a complete underframe and sell the bogies off!)

Hope this helps

Archived