Fitting DCC in Graham Rarish 08 diesel.

Tom Garnet

• RMweb Premium

DCC'ing the newer Farish 08 was covered earlier this year in one of the N Gauge Society Journals - if you're a member it might be worth a look through the back issues.

If you're not a member, there's space between the motor and body shell for a CT DCX75.

To make life easire remove the yellow, white and blue wires from the decoder (unless you intend to fit some lights too).

There are a couple of brass/copper contact strips that are soldered to the motor - these are supply the motor with power and need a bit of heat applying to, allowing you to bend them back and soldering the decoder's motor wires in their place. I can't quite remember where I fixed the track feeds to. I think I took a couple of photos when I did mine - will see if I can find them

For the old, Poole era, 08 you'll need a digi-hat and have to mount the decoder in the cab as the chassis fills the body space.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

DCC'ing the newer Farish 08 was covered earlier this year in one of the N Gauge Society Journals - if you're a member it might be worth a look through the back issues.

If you're not a member, there's space between the motor and body shell for a CT DCX75.

To make life easire remove the yellow, white and blue wires from the decoder (unless you intend to fit some lights too).

There are a couple of brass/copper contact strips that are soldered to the motor - these are supply the motor with power and need a bit of heat applying to, allowing you to bend them back and soldering the decoder's motor wires in their place. I can't quite remember where I fixed the track feeds to. I think I took a couple of photos when I did mine - will see if I can find them

For the old, Poole era, 08 you'll need a digi-hat and have to mount the decoder in the cab as the chassis fills the body space.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Thank you, Steven. If you do find the photos, I'd be glad to see them.

Tom Garnet

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived