N Gauge Lines

reddutton

It would appear that N Gauge Lines has reverted back to Kevin & Shirley in Bedford (the previous owners). There is a notice on the web site stating the shop in Tenterden has closed and that Kevin has withdrawn from the circuit.

http://www.nglines.co.uk/

Correction: from Kevin & Kirsty to Terry & Shirley, which is a little surprising, given that Terry & Shirley have recently 'retired' and sold on their other model railway business - 'Gem/Fleetline'...

Sadly though the N Gauge Lines exhibition stand has recently been a shadow of what it once was particularly in John Warner's time: much narrower range with less of the useful kits and bits and on last viewing (at the N gauge show) there appeared to be a lot of empty space... :(.

I hope Terry & Shirley can turn it around and return it to it's rightful place as the premier supplier of all things N guage...

Its a shame as I've known Kevin and Kirsty for a while and I know they're going through a tough time with their young'un at the moment as well.

I can only wish them the very best of luck in whatever they do, from now on.

Regards

Neal. modify_inline.gif

Correction: from Kevin & Kirsty to Terry & Shirley, which is a little surprising, given that Terry & Shirley have recently 'retired' and sold on their other model railway business - 'Gem/Fleetline'...

Sadly though the N Gauge Lines exhibition stand has recently been a shadow of what it once was particularly in John Warner's time: much narrower range with less of the useful kits and bits and on last viewing (at the N gauge show) there appeared to be a lot of empty space... :(.

I hope Terry & Shirley can turn it around and return it to it's rightful place as the premier supplier of all things N guage...

Dear PLD, When I became the owner of N gauge lines, I tried my very best to keep the kits bits & pieces always topped up, however this proved somewhat difficult when suppliers didn't have the items I needed or where no longer doing N gauge. I also attempted to keep most new stuff in stock which is something John used to do.

I can never be like John Warner, in fact I spoke to John, I asked how to run things, he replied its no longer mine to deal with, but gave some good tips.

I agree that at Leamington there was some gaps on the stand, however not many modellers have been buying lately and with money being so tight it wasn't possible for me to buy enough stock. I'm sure Terry & Shirley will turn it round, they have more experience than me, but then they to can only obtain what they can afford.

I will be back on the circuit but not with N Gauge.

Kevin

Dear RMweb members,

Many of you may know I was running the business N gauge lines from our shop in Tenterden, Kent. Sadly the lease for the shop was due for renewal on Sept 29th 2011, We would have signed it, but our agents had put the rent up to £3,000 to be paid in advance every three months over ten years. With the way the economy is, we felt we could not justify this increase and therefore had no choice but to close up. I therefore contacted Terry & Shirley (former owners) where it was agreed that they will take back the stock and continue to keep the trade stand going.

Hand on heart I'm very sad that this has happened, it was my dream to run my own model shop after exhibiting on the circuit for ten years with Kings Park (layout), I did this to my best ability. I can only apologise if folk feel that I have let the name of the business down.

I will hopefully try again once the economy has sorted itself out, but this time ensure my range include other gauges like OO

To finish, I would like to say a "big thank you" to those who have supported me this year during difficult times.

Kev.

It is a sad reflection on the state of the economy that landlords would rather have a property sitting empty than lease it on modest terms to someone who will cover the bills and keep it in good order.

The company I work for is currently having the same problem. Most commercial properties these days are owned by big investment firms (usually pension funds). If they charge less in rent, they have to mark down the value of the property as an asset which reduces their value. As a result, they would rather let them stand empty.

Madness! :O

Archived