Video: The Shuttleworth Collection Evening Air Display 124.9.11

PenrithBeacon

This is a film of the last Evening Air Display of the 2011 season for the Shuttleworth Collection and what a truly marvellous show it turned out to be. The weather was superb and permitted the most elderly aeroplanes of the Collection to be flown including the oldest airworthy aeroplane in the world, a 1909 Bleriot which is equipped with a 1909 Anzani engine. Other highlights are the only remaining Hawker Demon and Peter Teichman’s Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and no fewer than three vintage gliders in addition to the usual suspects which are themselves usually unique survivors, after all this is Old Warden.

The film can be found at the link below and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Regards

Hi,

This is probably a really really stupid question, but why is this in this Forum? :huh:

Not complaining, lovely bit of film, but just wondering!

EDIT: Perhaps it would be better in the wheeltappers section rather than in the main forum?

Simon

There could be a slight railway connection here... Laurie Beeton was a lineman based at Sandy and spent some of his time in the RAF based at Tempsford during WW2. Seeing as the Lysander was based there too....

Ther was also a direct steam connection with the traction engines ... but what the hell ... it's all preservation, but if there are to be complaints then it will go elsewhere in future or perhaps I won't post here - who knows - and I doubt if anybody really cares anyway.

Thank you, Simon. From a personal perspective I'd rather the film was seen, there's no point in sharing it if it isn't going to to be seen. As 'Andy Y' doesn't mind if I post my films of Shuttleworth here I'll carry on doing just that, but the non-preservation stuff won't be posted (but there's no reason why you shouldn't follow the link below if you're curious).

All the best

Guest Max Stafford

Well David, you'll get no complaints from me. That was a lovely bit of footage and it was especially nice to see the Tutor, Gladiator and Demon in the air.

Dave.

Archived