ANE Models LC101 LocoCruiser decoder.

JZ

I have picked up one of these from Keytes Models. A budget decoder with 5 function outputs for just £9.95.

The first drawback is that it will only take 2 digit addresses, 1-111. The second is that it is a fairly chunky beast.

However, you can set top speed and according to the instructions, use a speed table.

My problem is that using a Sprog II, it just doesn't recognise there is anything on the programming track, yet I have been able to adjust the address.

Has anyone else had experience of this decoder and what setting you used with the Sprog ?

PS to Mods (and rockers :sungum: ) I have spoken about this in DCC topics, but think it might find a larger audience here.

Right. Just spent some time playing around with this thing.

Another drawback I have found is that you cannot set acceleration and decelleration, bit of a pain. Top speed can be set by using a speed table, so it follows that start and mid volts can be set using same. I founf it very quiet in the first loco I tried, a Bachmann Junior 0-6-0. Then I put it in a Lima xGWR railcar and it sounded like a bucket of spanners, but the it did when it was DC.

So what do I think.

Well for the price, it is OK. For those just using a basic DCC set up, it is a useful alternative to the Hornby R8249, if you have room to fit it. It also has a good length of harness. As I said, it does offer the setting of top speed, but not being able to set acceleration and decelleration means it's not for me.

If you look here you can see what making tracks has done with one.

http://www.rmweb.co....-basic-decoder/

Hi all, the uprated version, with fully adjustable accelleration etc will be available soon, along with a 21 -pin version. Sound chips , with UK sounds will be available next year I am told.

Now I might give one of these a try.

• 6 months later...

Archived