Hornby R3048 08673

kintbury jon

I have one in front of me , and the lower body is definately white - and therefore incorrect for 673.

The Image on rails website is computer generated, as all hornbys catalogue images are now - so I dont really take them that seriously, however the image on the box card shows it as white - yes , yet another silly livery error - whats really silly is the red/white stripes on the 08 are the correct width , but on the intercity mk2s and mk3 sleeper theyve just released, the stripes are all wrong :nono:

Ive bought the 08 to renumber and modify so the livery error isnt an issue for me - plus its the last loco i need to complete my fleet, so in future i wont support/buy any of hornbys livery mistakes.

your right Jon, It is ridiculous :scratchhead:

tfn

Jon

post-6893-0-30299900-1317939368.jpg

heres a piccy to confirm

Also Hornby havent painted the cranks red as they should be, and the red stripe is the wrong shade of red - but at least its the right width. Its a shame as the correct livery would have looked lovely - as the 08 is a lovely model.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Was really looking forward to this one. Can't believe Hornby could get it so wrong. I see Olivia's Trains offer a weathered version which somewhat disguises the wrong colour. However at £100 it is not cheap. Will have to give serious considerstion as to whether I still want one.

Hi -

heres a coulpe of gloomy pictures (sorry!) of mine partially resprayed and generally tarted up and corrected here and there-

Ive also painted the cranks and the 'odd' con rod section , plus changed the front buffers to oleos as seen later on the real loco. Hornby have fitted far too many lamp irons on the cab so ive removed them and will later patch in the yellow stripes and replace just two lamp irons , usinf vitrains parts.

Oh - and i need some nameplates too! Dont those cab doors look awful!

post-6893-0-32859300-1319116972.jpg

post-6893-0-10538800-1319117000.jpg

tfn

jon

Archived