Distant Early Warning; Great British Train Show 2012

davknigh

Please find below the press release for GBTS 2012. I know it seems a bit early but there are serious distances involved here in Canada :yes: . For further information see the links in the text.

Cheers,

David

PRESS RELEASE Great British Train Show, April 28th & 29th 2012, Brampton, Ontario Canada

The Platelayers Society (www.theplatelayers.org) is pleased to announce the Great British Train Show will be returning in 2012 on Saturday April 28th & Sunday April 29th at the Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, 292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton, (near Toronto) Ontario, Canada.

This show has been held every 2 years since 1992 and to our knowledge is the only show dedicated to British Model Railways in Canada. You will see over 25 exhibits/operating layouts covering all aspects of British model railways and be able to buy a wide range of items from over 20 vendors.

Admission is $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for Children or only $20.00 for a family of 4. Free parking is available on-site.

Full event details are shown below.

This show is organized by The Platelayers Society, a group of railway enthusiasts, primarily living in Southern Ontario, Canada. Our interests are in the railways of Britain, either as modelers or as armchair enthusiasts. If you are interested in British railways, new members are always welcome. Visit our web site at www.theplatelayers.org for more information on the Society and the Great British Train Show or contact the following:

John Rowe, Show Manager, The Platelayers Society Phone: 519-928-5213 E-mail: johnmrowe@rogers.com Or

Alan Farmer, Publicity Officer, Great British Train Show, The Platelayers Society Phone: 519-929-9692 E-mail: alan.farmer@cogeco.ca

Thank you,

Alan Farmer Tuesday, October 04, 2011

post-5047-0-49917300-1317944219_thumb.jpg

post-5047-0-34971800-1317944263_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

We're looking forward to the event. We'll be debuting Allingham. See link below for more on the layout.

John

Hi John. I'll try to find you there! It would be great to meet you and we've responded to each others' posts, etc. Cheers, Rob

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I received the latest setup diagram and list of stands.

I counted 21 vendors and 18 layouts/displays. only 2 demonstartions.

Layouts from 2mm & N up to 7 1/4" gauge. (I think the operational layouts stop at gauge 1.)

Missing scales are TT and HO.

Archived