Talyllyn Railway Photos

zabdiel

There's plenty of pictures of the Talyllyn locos around, so here are some shots of the buildings and track. Only one loco in the shots.

Dolgoch Station - Old Water Tower:

2796963017_9bac50fcc2.jpg

Dolgoch Station - Water Extraction Point

2796965941_038806b80e.jpg

Stream at Dolgoch Station

2797115007_3d3a0c978a.jpg

Looking down the line from Nant Gwernol at the top of the Talyllyn Railway

2797190461_ed3f4d8ff2.jpg

And up the line from Abergynolwyn:

2798039514_b1cf32ce8c.jpg

Abergynolwyn Signal Box:

2798041630_52239afcf3.jpg

The passing loop at Abergynolwyn:

2798044188_26bc95b3b3.jpg

Since the carriages only have doors on one side the station needs to have an unusual arrangement to allow two trains to use it. The platform is approximately twice the length of the train and this passing loop allows the downhill train to pass the uphill train.

Preparing Edward Thomas for his last train of the day:

2798057150_7d75d8e028.jpg

Great photos John.

Do you have any additional detail and/or closeup images of that turnout lever mechanism at the bottom of the last image?

It would be much appreciated if you could upload any additional pictures you might have taken.

Thanks and best regards,

There are larger versions of all the images if you click on them (which will take you to Flickr) and then select "All Sizes". Here's a link to the large version of the last image. It won't display at the original resolution as my pro flickr account expired and I've not renewed it yet.

I'll see if I have any more photos of the lever mechanism or any other levers. I don't remember taking any but I'll look and see. The other photos took and uploaded to flick can be found on here on my blog in thumbnail format (Flickr won't show the photos in a set until I get round to giving them some more cash). I'll post them here if people are interested, but they're mostly shots of the locos.

Archived