Green Godess

Eagle1711

Hello,

Ive recently aquired a Green Goddess Fire Engine in Aux Livery from Hattons which I must say looks great and has plenty of detail.

My only concern is that it looks massive compared to any other road vehicles including other wagons.

I know its 1:76 but it does look huge.

Anyone else think the same or is this correct?

Guest Max Stafford

Bear in mind that the Goddesses were based on the RL military 4x4 platform. Military trucks tend to stand taller because of the need to drive off road.

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest AlexTM

Hi folks,

On another forum (the Airfix Tribute Forum) someone has been putting up some bits and pieces form old Airfix magazines, one of which was an article and scale drawings of the Green Goddess. It was big.

Hope it's of use.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi folks,

On another forum (the Airfix Tribute Forum) someone has been putting up some bits and pieces form old Airfix magazines, one of which was an article and scale drawings of the Green Goddess. It was big.

Hope it's of use.

Regards,

Alex.

Think I have that Airfix Magazine somewhere in deep storage pending a house move! Do you have a link to the article on the ATF?

WW

it's the bulk of the vehicle that gives the impression of size.

If I can find my training blurb I will see if the dimensions are included...then one can work things out for oneself....?

However, please, no holding of breath, they have been off my radar for a few years now.......

Archived