Layout: Stapley

Weathering a V2

Exeter Central layout plan

Building a Ratio Goods Shed

Getting the operation right

Letters page

Engine Shed kit part 2

Layout: Northgate

Reviews: Midland Compound, A1, Beatie tank, Class 26, 03, Weathered Deltic, 121, 101

Reality Check: A1 Pacifics

Sound editing for DCC

Layout: Grassington

Show Guide

At a quick glance through I did not see Mike Wild letting us know which of the three layouts in last months mag where the least and most photoshopped. i would have thought the ideal place would have been in the editorial if not, then after the three letters they published about his editorial about photoshopping in last months mag.

I've enjoyed this month's magazine. The layouts look brilliant, particularly Stapley, with the photo of the 64xx on page 22 making me hope that it features in OO RTR at some point in the near future.

As I attend a club which is based more on operating a railway, rather than spending time making delicate scenery, I enjoyed Bob Essery's article on good operation. I would love to write something similar for those modelling preservation, but as I don't currently have a layout, those who are modelling preservation are already doing better than me as they at least have some trains running!

I'd also like to add that I still feel that the reviews are becoming increasingly stale. I can't really be very constructive though, as I've tried writing operation reports for my club and match reports for my hockey team, and know how difficult it is to keep things fresh despite using the same overall format. Having said this, Hornby Magazine's own photo's of the review models continue to be of the highest quality and I'm not sure they could make the Midland Compound look any more enticing!

The Pic on page 44, I don't think this is Queen St, more likely St Enoch?

You'd think so, wouldnt you; ironic that it headed an article on authenticity by one of the hobby's elder statesmen, though I'm sure Bob didnt write the caption

• RMweb Gold

The Pic on page 44, I don't think this is Queen St, more likely St Enoch?

Ian

I think so - definitely, and very obviously, not Queen Street. As I said above they are again having problems with their prototype captions. The biggest howler is on page 37 where in the midst of an extensive article describing Exeter Central they have D831 stated to be on a Down train while it is in fact attached to the London end of a train standng at the Up through platform.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived