Building brick walls

Not sure if this has been asked before, I want to build some of the small brick walls seen around fuel storage tank areas, I was going to use 'Wills Brick Sheet kits' but after that I'm stuck with anything else i'll need and with the construction.

Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

The walls are bunds and should be large enough to contain all liquid stored in the tanks. Older ones would be of brick, more modern, concrete block. Both would most likely be rendered on the inside to make them leakproof. Wills sheets are ideal, use brick or block outside and cement rendering inside. Some walls may be topped off with coping stones. Use Plasticard strip to make this. The floor fo the area should also be concrete.

Recently came across these, first class If you want brick papers. Made mine with Superquick papers and card bought in a sheet from local Office/publishing/Art supplies shop, copings are just a strip cut with sharp modelling knife and stuck on the 'top' walls can be made thicker by doublimg material, another material is the thin wooden sheets or Balsa from your local model aeroplane shop .http://paperbrick.co...browseimagesets also http://www.smartdesign-u-need.com/trains/downloads-temp.html Beeman

Id have thought that two sheets of Wills back to backwere about right for such a wall as regards thickness....its just over 3mm which is 9 inches.......

The bunded area at my last job was mad of concrete blocks laid on their side and rendered. So, yes, about 9"-10". If you feel it's not thick enough, just laminate another 1mm sheet of plasticard in the middle.

Thanks for all the replies guys, does anyone know the product code or catalogue number for 'Wills' coping strips?

They were mentioned in Railway Modeller magazine but there was no number, I've looked online but cant seem to find any info on them.

Thanks again.

Regards

Michael

Archived