Superquick 0 gauge garage - the build

As a break from N gauge I'm working on building an 0 gauge version of superquick's 00 scale garage kit in order to build a diorama on which to display my small die-cast collection.

So far I have scanned the superquick sheets and been attempting to print them onto A3 (i'm lucky enough to print this large at home)

however I've found that an A4 sheet, when scaled up by 175% doesn't fit nicely on an A3 sheet as envisioned.

still working out what to do next, pondering separating all the parts on the 00 kit to get an idea of what needs to be on each print out instead of just trying to make an 0 gauge kit.

That does look like it would make a good scene, however I'm wanting to show the cars off a little more than I'd be able to in that pic.

I've got some sections of the kit printed, I'll have to hide some brick joins behind drain pipes, but thats fine.

hope to get something physically built (and pics up) at some point this week.

When I searched the internet for personalising my own layout I found some interesting garage signs.

If you go to Flirck and use the search machine with " garage enamel signs" you can look if there are pictures you can use.

I have uploaded one of them with this reply

post-11675-0-30183600-1319535841_thumb.jpg

I think I would use the last approach. Scanning every part apart. Saves a lot of frustration and printerink.

I have found this nice picture with a display of cars (second hand?)

With a the shop on the other side it would make a nice diorama I believe.

Just out of curiosity, I managed to identify the location of the photo'. Here is the current view:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Pershore+Road,+Birmingham&hl=en&ll=52.419042,-1.923165&spn=0.000052,0.045276&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.607072,46.362305&vpsrc=6&hnear=Pershore+Rd,+Selly+Park,+Birmingham,+West+Midlands+B29,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.419119,-1.92302&panoid=pOfO4NFdxkihdU5TSpnIZQ&cbp=12,187.85,,0,-4.27

I think I'm going to cheat and use foam board as i've found some spare, but this might get used up to make the back-scene and the retaining wall onto of which I'm planning to have a picture of a deltic pulling a train, just to have something there other than sky

• 1 month later...

Just incase anyone was following my attempt, it has taken a back seat to getting some track down and trains running, hopefully before christmas.

I've decided to not follow the super quick route as the structure is just not going to support itself.

I'm looking into using either the scale scenes garage kit or adapt the warehouse kit.

Archived