Greslington (N gauge layout)

Coldgunner

I've been working on the layout today. Greslington has, after many months, felt the cool touch of a paintbrush covered in PVA. It appears one of the connected shed roads is causing a short on the bay platform when a particular points configuration is used so I have disconnected the sheds until resolved. I did take the time to set up an electrical connection in the rearmost siding that has been disconnected since the dcc modifications. I'll need to attack the layout with a hoover soon, try get all the 'bits' off it.

Some more teaks are on their way to me as well, though can't for the love of god find anyone who has a brake coach in stock. Pics to follow later today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear, dear, with the O gauge project emerging, I've not been able to even play with Greslington, let alone do any modelling on it.

LMS 5020 and LNER 2750 are the current fleet, I can't seem to resolve the problem I have with DP1 and my other loco's are too difficult for DCC conversion. I have a plan now for completing the wiring. Once I've done that I can place the engine shed back down and get the lighting operational, as its been sitting dormant since installation.

• 2 months later...

DP1 is going to go back to Bachmann for a fresh service, can't work out whats going wrong with the poor thing. I've had a few running sessions on Greslington lately, with the O and OO gauge taking a lot of my time I've not been able to work on it.

Archived