Bachmann 66135: Missing EWS logos?

• RMweb Premium

Hello, I recently bought a Bachmann Class 66 (66135) in EWS livery (model 32-725),

at a bit of a box-shifter price.

I've recently noticed the curious absence of the EWS logo on one side of the loco.

(See picture).

The Hattons modeltrade picture (used as a reference) has EWS 66135 written on both sides,

and I notice some completed eBay listings show this model with just EWS written on the side.

What's going on? Is it just a case of poor quality control? (I know this model is a few years old now).

Are the Fox Transfers a suitable matching size and logotype compared to the printed side

to add in this missing detail?

(If anyone has an example of the end result, would love to see).

Cheers, GW

post-9711-0-85255300-1320163878.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Maybe your first sentence is the clue ?

Quality control is not the same thing as looking at every model and checking it's Ok, look up AOQL for a technical description, I worked in the Nuke industry and even we didn't test everything, we sampled.

Neither Fox nor ModelMasters are the same colour as the model iirc.

• RMweb Gold

Possibly, but it all appeared "unmistakably new" and unopened.

Wondering if similar problems have been noted (and overcome) by other modellers.

We* repainted the yellow and used Fox to renumber and logo ours (I think it was Fox)

Never seen that issue before

(*Well Tim did!)

• RMweb Premium

Thanks. My painting skills aren't that hot I'm afraid.

We* repainted the yellow and used Fox to renumber and logo ours (I think it was Fox)

Never seen that issue before

(*Well Tim did!)

Thanks, though I reckon it will have to wait until my painting skills improve!

For now, I've just "turned it around" so the offending side is not in my gaze....

• RMweb Premium

Surely it's 'rare' and 'collectable' and worth hundreds of pounds on ebay! ;)

That made me laugh. Anyone modelling the precise time that DB Schenker (eventually!) remove the EWS logo from one side, before the inevitable repaint into DBS Red can make me an offer!

Archived