br ferry tube wagons

Hello; I am currently building a series of wagons either sratch or using butchered kits (cut down OJX's, creosote tanks, GW Pway S&T vans, etc, many thanks to various folks including Mighty Paul Bartlett for help). I am looking at adding a Ferry Tube to the list, using the Parkside model as a basis and adding new sides and boxes. My question is, can I get hold of the appropriate brake gear/axle boxes to make this scheme work? Wondered if anyone can help

Cheers and many thanks

Chris

Hello; I am currently building a series of wagons either sratch or using butchered kits (cut down OJX's, creosote tanks, GW Pway S&T vans, etc, many thanks to various folks including Mighty Paul Bartlett for help). I am looking at adding a Ferry Tube to the list, using the Parkside model as a basis and adding new sides and boxes. My question is, can I get hold of the appropriate brake gear/axle boxes to make this scheme work? Wondered if anyone can help

Cheers and many thanks

Chris

Chris,

I've done this conversion. The axleboxes, springs and airbrake equipment can be obtained from Appleby Model Engineering :-

Appleby Model Engineering

PO Box 104

Worcester

Worcestershire

WR5 2YZ

I'm sure that I still have the designs for the transfers that I produce for this wagon - if you need them, let me know and I'll check.

I can also supply the creosote tank wagon transfers - see Sheet BL3 at http://www.cctrans.f...uk/products.htm .

You'll find many more 'off-beat' subject in my transfer list - 'cos I like them.

Regards,

JohnIsherwood.

Archived