Wagon Turntables (LNWR/LMS)

I`m modelling in 7mm scale, the area around Canning St. North signal-box and Egerton Dock wharf in Birkenhead (set in the early 1920`s) and will be modelling several, wagon turntables for the trans-shipment shed areas. (located amongst the horse-carts in the "Old Canning St" picture attachment)

Other than the attached image of another Mersey-dock`s LMS turntables, I haven`t been able to find much info. about LNWR/LMS wagon turntables of that era....especially with regard to their exact dia., construction and operation.....anyone have any info. please?

Thanks in advance.

Debs.

Hi Debs

See British Railway Journal No.11 Spring 1986 for an article about wagon turntables by Richard Foster complete with drawings of LNWR 13ft diameter type.

Regards

Mike

I`m modelling in 7mm scale, the area around Canning St. North signal-box and Egerton Dock wharf in Birkenhead (set in the early 1920`s) and will be modelling several, wagon turntables for the trans-shipment shed areas. (located amongst the horse-carts in the "Old Canning St" picture attachment)

Other than the attached image of another Mersey-dock`s LMS turntables, I haven`t been able to find much info. about LNWR/LMS wagon turntables of that era....especially with regard to their exact dia., construction and operation.....anyone have any info. please?

Thanks in advance.

Debs.

Archived