A cry to smaller suppliers: Please read your e-mail

DaveArkley

When I've used the website of three small suppliers in recent weeks I've noticed two things. One is that most of them seem to be forever under construction, and the second is that where a 'contact us' page provide an e-mail address then e-mails to that address go unanswered for long periods of time.

In the last two months one supplier took three e-mails before they responded, the second never did respond, nor seemed to answer their telephone, and a third is yet to respond to an e-mail sent four days ago.

In these economically challenging times it's bizarre that try as I might, I can't get to the point of placing an order. I know by definition that resources are scare with these suppliers, but it really does not take long to check e-mails and scribe a quick response. It's sales lead generation where I'm already doing most of the work, please small suppliers do your bit!

Slightly frustrated,

Dave

It was locked for a couple of reasons last time. One of them being we have discussed this before and there is little point in going over it all again.

We did the bit about they are only 'small' suppliers so may well have full time employment as well.

We did the bit about emails spam.

We did the bit about there lot would be far better if they answered their emails, phones whatever.

So as it has been covered before and nothing has changed from last time 'we' put all them small suppliers right there is little point in doing it all again. It is their choice and we either live with that and use them or we don't.

Archived