Railway Modeller Dec 2011

Mac

Not a normal review of the contents as I'm not impartial enough to give fair comment.

Someone else can do that.

it's just to mention how good the inclusive cover mounted DVD is.

There's supposed to be over 2 hours of features including two very well produced constructional videos and

the usual plug for Pecorama.

Best of all are the six featured layouts: all top notch/full of useful tips.

The playback quality looks great on a wide screen TV.

At one point I considered dumping the magazine and just keeping the DVD, but as always, there's a couple of

articles that caught my eye.

Highly recommended.

Mac.

• RMweb Premium

Yes really enjoyed the dvd which has6 great layouts on it. The Blea Moor one featuring that great backdrop is just superb. Still to watch the construction articles.

The mag itself is also very good, Nice to see that Buckingham Great Central has found a new home.

Yes really enjoyed the dvd which has6 great layouts on it. The Blea Moor one featuring that great backdrop is just superb. Still to watch the construction articles.

Re' the DVD layouts.

Though 'Baddlesmere' looks extremely well modelled and I can easily see why it won the RM 2010 cup...

the one I liked most was the father & daughter joint effort 'Stockton Mill'.

Though only a 54 by 16 inch micro layout it shows what can be achieved by average modellers on a small

bankroll.

Their explanations re' scratch built buildings and the Stockton's "clever bits"( rotating fiddle yard and

magnetic uncouplers)were very well done.

Mac.

Archived