Domino Headcode Boards

Matador

Really speaking, any time after 1978/79 in any meaningful numbers. They ran with 0O00 from 01/01/76, but the G39 mod (domino dots) seemed to get to the Fifers a bit later than classes like 47 at English depots. That was my perception anyway, seeing the Haymarket 202XX fleet on the Seafield Colliery traffic.

I may have noted dates in one of my log books from the time, I will check for you later!

During 1978 I noted my first four ScR 20-2s with dominos. These were all Haymarket Fifers, as follows:

HTH

:sungum:

Oh Oh! i guess I am going to have to buy an earlier style body for a Class 20 I just won on e-bay here in the USA. I should have checked before bidding on it.

David

A Brit in the USA

Ok well kill me again when did Class 37/0 split headcodes come out.

I didn't know any had, just thought Transrail 37116 was bi-curious. :jester:

If you mean when were they introduced: 1961.

When did they get 'dominos' - similar to the ScR 20s, with East Anglian machines being the first in any number, from 1977 onwards.

I didn't know any had, just thought Transrail 37116 was bi-curious. :jester:

If you mean when were they introduced: 1961.

When did they get 'dominos' - similar to the ScR 20s, with East Anglian machines being the first in any number, from 1977 onwards.

Well I,m bidding on this

OO Gauge Bachmann Branchline Class 37/0 BR blue split headcode

If she's TOPS numbered ie. 370XX up to 37119, you're good for 1974 onwards. Domino dots, 77-onwards.

If pre-TOPS ie. D6700 etc, then you're good 1967ish to 1973ish.

Pre Tops. ok now I just need to get a non Domino Class 20 Body so I can go pre TOPS with it.

David

A Brit in the USA

Archived