Zimo Mx690v and real cam sensor.

Scale7JB

Hi everyone... got a little problem..

I bought a cam sensor for my 690v so that I can get accurate chuff sounds, but it doesn't seem to work as planned..

Everything is wired in properly, and the cam is making proper continuity which is reaching the pins on the decoder (checked with a multimeter). I have changed the CV from '0' to '1' which will give one 'chuff' for each time that continuity is made.

Now I am getting the general sound and random sounds etc which is good, but now there is no chuff at all when it is moving. Which is good in a way because it has turned the virtual cam off, but for some reason, the chip isn't giving me a chuff per positive connection on the cam.

Would anyone have any ideas what the issue might be ?

Regards,

Jonathan.

Aaaahh.. I think i may have solved the issue... I've made this mistake before when i've made my own track with copper clad pcb... The liquid flux gets into the pcb and shorts it out which means it is constant continuity rather than just when the cam 'says so'...

If it still doesn't work, I shall come back to you..

Here's hoping ;)

JB.

• RMweb Premium

Aaaahh.. I think i may have solved the issue... I've made this mistake before when i've made my own track with copper clad pcb... The liquid flux gets into the pcb and shorts it out which means it is constant continuity rather than just when the cam 'says so'...

If it still doesn't work, I shall come back to you..

Here's hoping ;)

JB.

Hi

Why are you using a liquid flux on a PCB? You only need multicore electrical solder.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, I had to solder the copper clad pcb to brass to get it to the right height to work with the cam spinning on the axle, and also the two contacts would never have attached to the pcb without a little flux, or had I not used any flux, they would have stayed there for all of about 2 seconds :lol:

I don't trust the flux in the cored solder unless it is purely just electrical wiring.

JB.

Archived