Bachmann B1

D605Eagle

Did any of you guys at Warley ask at the Bachmann stand when the revamped B1 was due out? My B1 is the only Bachamnn engine I've never managed to get to run right and I'm quite looking forwards to taping it to the buffer of D8233 and then doing some shunting! I've spend god knows how much time trying to make it run well, but I've given up trying since Bachamnn announced a revamped model.

Jim

I bought a Bachman B1 around March 2011, and it also quickly developed jerky running. I returned it to Bachman who repaired it & now runs smooth. The report was "bearings eased, lubricated & run in" so would be a wheels off job. This is the only bachman loco I have had trouble with.

Brit15

According to Bachmann's website there are B1s sheduled for Jan/Feb delivery. I assume they'll be fitted with the new chassis.

There are 3 versions listed, LNER [317-714], BR early crest [317-715] & BR late crest [317-716]. The first two are shown as £92.95 and the last one as £99.95. No indication of why there's a price difference; its not listed as DCC fitted [ and the price difference for DCC fitted seems to be normally about £13]. Might be a typo of course!

Jeremy

There are 3 versions listed, LNER [317-714], BR early crest [317-715] & BR late crest [317-716]. The first two are shown as £92.95 and the last one as £99.95. No indication of why there's a price difference

The first 2 modes are clean whist the last one is a weathered version which will obviously cost more.

Archived