Working with 'static' grasses

billtee

Guest baldrick25

The 'disaster' at Minataur Wunderland is in this Youtube clip (and others) , in the first minute and a half....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIQuOSMNv_M&feature=relmfu

There is a better video of what happened in one of the other videos, that I can't put my finger on at the moment - well there are so many!!

Remember these guys are 'experts', having done so much 'grass' before , and all precautions against static damage would have been taken- it still catches them out though.

• 1 month later...
Guest baldrick25

I use shades of green and brown acrylics, well diluted with the correct thinners to suit the brand being used. Often the colours are 'mixed' bits of this and that till it just looks 'different ' to straight out of the bottle. Vallejo and Tamiya suit me , but there are lots to choose from these days - just try it off layout first on a sample bit of grassed plywood.

• 1 month later...

I've been using Green Scene's flock in various colours and been satisfied so far. Mostly straw and summer green, which gives a nice burned/dry/dead mix for a hot summer. I've mixed in some lush green for highlights. I've got some spring green too, but haven't used that yet.

Edit: I should have noted that I always use a mix of at least 2 colours. One on its own would be too even.

Archived