Burgess Hill Exhibition 12 May 2012

ChrisR

It may still be a few months off but thought I'd give a head's up on our annual exhibition, so that it can get a place in your 2012 diaries (when they arrive).

Date is 12 May 2012 at Burgess Hill School for Girls, Keymer Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 0EG and opening time is 10.00 (closes 17.00).

So far we have 11 traders attending and 15 layouts ranging from vintage to modern, British to continental outline, 2mm to G scale. I'm making final confirmations and once done will post the list. We'll be making a couple of changes re the catering so we don't run into the same problem as last year when we ran short. More later...

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My last post saying who was exhibiting / trading got lost in the run up to Christmas, and I've been waiting while things have 'quietened' down a bit before redoing (glad it all seems to be working again, hooray and thanks for a job well done).

The exhibitors are

Vintage:

Minic Motorways - 4mm - 15ft x 6ft - 1960s Triang

2mm:

Three Bridges Canyon - 10ft x 2ft - US/Canadian border

3mm:

Whatlington - 11ft x 2ft - K&ESR 1960s

Redford Junction - 21ft 6 x 2ft 6 - Southern 1940/50s

HO:

Asciano del Limone - HO - 25ft x 2ft - Italian modern

Sonne, See und Schmalspur - HOe - 2m x 0.3m - N German modern narrow gauge

4mm:

Pagham Harbour - OO9 - 6ft 6 x 2ft - SW England 1920-35

Botleigh Old North Road - OO - 20ft x 2ft - SR 1967

Loftus Road - OO - 20ft x 12ft - Olympia 1995-2005

Orestone Quay - OO - 14ft 6 x 2ft - South Coast c 1947

Even Better Looking Deltics - P4 - 6ft x 2ft - Jon Hugheswill be showcasing his latest developments, yes you are signed up! (Have you read his article in the latest issue of BRM?)

7mm:

WhiteOak Light Railway - (Ong) - 11ft x 3ft - freelance 1960/70s

Little Binfield - 11ft x 2ft - Isle of Wight 1897 - 1914

Drive Thomas and paintings - 18ft x 1ft 6 - Hands on operation of Thomas progressing to LNER A4s, plus paintings for sale

Bash Street Goods - 12ft x 3ft - Hands on for people of all ages!

G:

Broke Brick Mountain - 45ft x 6ft 6 - USA - and yes we have all 45ft of it!

The Traders who will be supporting us are:

Martells of Sutton - RTR

Railroad Trading - Books and DVDs

Carriage and Wagon Models - RTR, badges, modified kits

Golden Arrow Productions - Resin kits

Models U Drive - Plastics, wood, paint

Realistic Scenics - Scenery, trees

W M Collectibles - Pre Owned stock

DBH Services - Electrics, tools

3mm Scale Model Railways - your 3mm needs serviced

Junction 10 Merchandising - Fridge magnets and key fobs with a transport theme

Nest Films - Their own dvds of disused lines in the south east

Demonstrator:

Michael Pendell - Scratch building cardboard models

The publicity stand this year will be for the 3mm Society and it is hoped that we can have a specific area in one of the halls devoted to this part of the hobby, which will entice those of you who have this scale as a favourite to visit. If you are thinking of starting in / changing to this scale we will be pleased to see you.

Lavender Line publicity stand - if you are thinking of joining or just want to see what they have done to preserve this part of the Uckfield to Lewes line, do come and have a chat with them.

There is free parking on site and refreshments will be available throughout the day.

Entrance prices are: adut £4, Child £2 Family (2+2) £10

Hope it's a date in the diary and look forward to seeing you at the exhibition. If there are any changes to the line up I'll be sure to post here.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up on the exhibiton - all is on course for the day.

I am pleased to add the following who will also be attending the exhibition:

The Lavender Line will be bringing their display boards and will be handing out leaflets for the line and explaining what goe son there. Do stop by and have a chat with them.

Also Nest Films will be making a return appearance to show what they have been doing over the past year (hopefully a sneak previoew of their latest offering)

We are also welcoming Gina Sandford who will be selling items with a transport flavour - fridge magnets, key rings and coasters.

Other traders and exhibitors remain as indicated above.

Hope it's a date in your diary and we look forward to seeing you there.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

As it's just under three months to go, it's time to get this back up to page 1 of the Exhibitons section (for a few days anyway).

The only additional amendmentI haveto the offering this year is that Kytes Lights are unfortunately now unable to come. They have assured me they will be back next year!

I'm now getting all the final plans sorted and will be in contact with those of you who are exhibiting in the next few days with what the arrangements are. Thank you all for agreeing to attend (I know saying this will probably mean that something will go wrong but I am writing this with fingers well and truly crossed...).

If anyone has tried accessing the club's web site recently, I apologise for there being no icons to direct you through it - I did a bit of housekeeping and a gremlin crept in: now sorted!

Hope it's in the diary, see you there, and do say Hi.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

With 7 weeks to go to the show I thought I'd give this a bump up to page 1 again.

I have also just heard that Neunbruckenbahn is now unavailable to attend the show (medical reasons) but hopefully they will be able to come to our 2013 exhibition. I wish them well.

I'm now going through my lists to see if I can get another to take their place.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I've now got a layout to replace Neunbruckenbahn, It's from the Wealden Railway Group and is called "Sonne, See und Schmalspur", a 3.5mm HOe layout depicting modern North German narrow gauge.

That brings us up to our complement again!

I'll do a full list again to take into account all the above amendments to save scrolling up and down to see just what's appearing.

Chris

I've now edited entry #4 to reflect the current status of the exhibitors and traders we have confirmed to be attending our exhibition in May. Saves scrolling right down to the bottom of the posts.

If I get the chance over the Easter break I'll scan and post the floor plan.

Chris R

• 2 weeks later...

Four weeks to go and things are now getting to the hectic stage. The marquee is up at the school and I've been told it will remain there until after the exhibition. Should the sun actually shine :mosking: you will be able to take a break while going between the two halls!

This bit is a tad embarrassing (working with the beasts every day): I've tried inserting the two gif images of the floor plan but copy / paste just doesn't seem to work however I try. Anyone know how to insert images from a file so that they show properly?

Thanks,

Chris

• RMweb Gold

This bit is a tad embarrassing (working with the beasts every day): I've tried inserting the two gif images of the floor plan but copy / paste just doesn't seem to work however I try. Anyone know how to insert images from a file so that they show properly?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris - PM on its way ;) Pete

PS - If the sun don't shine...can you refund my flight? :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

On behalf of Exhibition organiser Chris Reeve...

post-3290-0-99676900-1335292626_thumb.jpg post-3290-0-69512000-1336049978.jpg

1 Orestone Quay

2 Little Binfield

3 Real,istic Scenics

4 DBH Services

5 Martells

6 Railroad Trading

7 Asciano del Limone

8 Club Second hand

9 Club Showcase

10 3mm Society

11 3mm Scale Models

12 Redford Junction

13 Lavender Line publicity

14 Junction 10 Merchandising

15 Golden Arrow Productions

16 Nest Films

17 Falcon Accessories

18 Carriage & Wagon Models

19 Pagham Harbour

20 Whatlington

21 Whiteoak Light Railway

22 Minic Motorways

23 Loftus Road

24 W M Collectables

25 Sonne, See und Schmalspur

26 Drive Thomas & paintings

27 Even Better Looking Deltics

28 Three Bridges Canyon

29 Models U Drive

30 Botleigh Old North Road

31 Broke Brick Mountain

32 Bash Street Goods

Thanks Pete, much appreciated.

Just in case, it is the Main Hall on the left and the Gym on the right, with stands 1 & 2 on the stage. Refreshments are available along the corridor behind stands 6 & 7 as is stand 32 (Bash Street). It's this way too to get to the Gym.

Chris

Just under four weeks to go now, so time to give this a bump up.

All is strangely going reasonably to plan (scary!!). I hope it continues so I don't need to spend too much midnight oil on the final tweaks (any spelling mistakes are due to having several fingers crossed)!

Chris

Er yes... although I think that I would probably prefer the one chris has if it buys me two more weeks in April... i could do with some additional time... for work as well as the depot diorama... but yes, two weeks Chris... and panic mode begins to settle in.

J

Yes, you're quite right. It's ELEVEN days to go now. Shows how many days I must've lost burning the midnight oil that I didn't see them slip by!! :sclerosis: Sorry for that.

I'm now also in a sort of panic over what's left to do :wild: and yet more has been dumped back on me for the final prep's.

See you on the twelfth!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Chris

Sorry I didnt come over and say hello at NESCOT - i was either busy sorting out problems on the layout and even doing quite a lot of operating this time, or it was just too crowded over at Orestone Quay.

Would ike to have visited your show but exhibiting elsewhere that day.

Anyway, hope all goes well.

Ian

Thanks Ian, You had your fair share of onlookers at Banbury too. We could only view from the side!

I've just heard that Falcon Accessories will not now be attending this year's exhibition: so the hunt is now on through my lists to see if I can get another to fill the space. Shame, but I do hope Falcon Accessories will be available for future shows.

Chris

Chris.., looking at the exhibition plan, would it be simpler if the image on the right was orientated 180Degs as it's put the south end of the hall at the top of the picture... whereas the hall on the left has the north end at the top of the picture. Probably far too late to catch this now... it was just puzzling me a bit as I was lookign at it.

What I'd thought was that having the entrances at the top of each would make them easier to read/digest. To get to the Gym (hall 2) on the diagrams, you have to effectively go out the bottom of hall1 and turn left, the entrance being straight ahead.

I'll turn hall 2 diagram round this evening (and I know the stand numbers will have to be rotated again to avoid them now being upside down!) and repost. If it all looks good then they'll go in the programme guide like that. As the guide is almost finalised, it's not quite too late to make amends.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

would it be simpler if the image on the right was orientated 180Degs as it's put the south end of the hall at the top of the picture

I'll turn hall 2 diagram round this evening

Short term I have flipped it...you can always perform a headstand if you wish to correlate the numbers with the plan prior to the show the weekend after next... :D

Archived