HULL & BARNSLEY Rly Signalbox.

Did Jim always dress so smartly for work or is he in his best suit for the photo? He looks as though he's going to a wedding.

I can just imagine you in Paragon box wearing a suit and tie!

Ian

The photo's were taken one Sunday by Jim's son, as far as I recall, Jim wore the standard "BR" issuie when at work.

I have not had a uniform for years, I don't mix with the public so not required. Yes, I do indeed have several suits and ties, but strictly for funerals and weddings, I don't do christenings, I don't believe in them. To prove the point, I did not go to any of my own kid's or grandkid's either. Nevertheless, although I'm a bit of an animal, I still respect the views of others. Sundays are for working 12 hour shifts all at overtime rate, and certainly not being involved in "Relation Bothering" and "Community Singing". Best Wishes, Mick.

• Like 3

Two nights running, I have kept out of the pub and away from those "Wild Women", and therefore more progress made. Infact, and apart from weathering, the front elevation is as good as complete. Making the handrails for the steps will be an interesting project. The real ones were welded "Gas Barrel" or similar. I think, 0.4mm brass wire, and soldered over a paper template "Model Aircraft Fashion" will do the job. The finials, look like a lathe job, and turned from square bar. Mick.

post-702-0-93153500-1326670779_thumb.jpg

post-702-0-98614600-1326670813_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Mick.

Checking in as instructed! The box is looking spot on too, a very nice job.

I've got some of the Blue paint for my N.E. region box, but what shade of Cream are you using?

Cheers.

Sean.

Sean, I mixed both shades of paint from std Humbrol colours by adding white. I still have a signalbox I made in the '60's which I matched to a full sized box, 45 years on a good colour ref. Best Wishes, Mick.

• Like 1

Gravy, you ask of progress with the signalbox. On reflection, since my last post, some work as been done. See atached picture. Weather boards and ridge tiles added, both need painting and weathering, as indeed does the entire model. I will do that when finished. Best Wishes, Mick.post-702-0-63111000-1327105865_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I sympathise with Gravy Train. And it was me thinking that it was only my work space that was cluttered. My work area shrinks to the smallest possible size in which anything can be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArthurK

I thought at first glance it was Ronald Regan ! lol ,ive herd of the presidents brain is missing but ......

Lovely bit of modelling though ,building has a real solid look to it .

Tel

You mention "A real solid look to it", as you can see from the attached picture, I don't intend it to wrap out of true sometime in the future. Mick.

post-702-0-38038600-1327562192_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

post-702-0-53941000-1328216388_thumb.jpg

No wild women tonight, so a bit of time on the signalbox. Not a lot, tried to add the mortor, some as come out better then the other. A bit more touching in should put it right. I'm also trying to show the difference in colour between the original of 1907, the wartime bricking up of the locking room windows and the '50's brick stairs. Mick.

• Like 2

Lovely Job mate, it looks to me like you managed the contrast perfectly. Out of curiosity is there a particular reason for bricking up the windows during wartime, blackout ?? Seems like a permanent step instead of blackout curtains.

ATB Mick