Scrap terminal project

awwalker

While im tinkering with the scottish projects which i have on the go, i thought i would have a bit of fun trying to design a project based on others projects rather than simply copying!

This new project takes its cue from Richard colemans fantastic speedlink era 00 'Eagle lane' and more recently ' Albion metals' in depicting a simple scrap metal terminal in a reletivley small space of 6ft scenic section. The project i am planning is again the speedlink era or br blue and aims to put my own spin on the abovementioned layouts. The attatched plan drawing that i have made hopefully conveys clearly how i want the project to look in its first stage. i would be grateful if any kind bodies could make comment on the track plan / the sequence of train movements i have. i guess what i am asking is ' does the layout make sense'!

The movements are as follows:

1. main line loco delivers the empty wagons from under the over-bridge scenic blocker. ( A)

2. the loco stops at other end ( B )

3. Loco exits on return loop (point C) after moving wagons (F)

4. Shunter (E) goes to pick up wagons at (f)

5. Shunter moves forward and delivers the wagons to the sidings (G)

The overbridge in the centre is a scenic blocker and my intentions were that it could act as a cut off point between the two sides of the layout. although the distance between the wagon drop off point section of the layout and the scrap loading section is short, the blocker hides this and in reality the distance could be a lot further. with this layout i was trying to pack in a lot in a short space so if glaring errors are evident then please mention!

Andrew

post-6429-0-37189500-1323889456_thumb.jpg

Archived