NOTTINGHAM East Midlands MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2012

Galtee More

As long as the last few gasps of my efforts go today come to fruitition, we should have a compliment of signals going. Indeed, if I can tap up some of the MERG guys at either Watford or Glasgow, lets see if we can make them bounce.......

I will have the facilities to do this for you at Nottingham if you don't get it sorted beforehand.

I will have the facilities to do this for you at Nottingham if you don't get it sorted beforehand.

You may be on. I have just got them going on simple mode and was proposing to rest on my laurels that far for a bit. I now understand that I need to reprogramme the chip, which is not something I can do on my own so some assistance would be welcome.

UPDATE

We have a new supplier this year - Derby Trees, with a range of scenic items including some amazing model plants and shrubs.

We also have Replica Railways and Electrifying Trains, but they seem to have dropped off the list on our website - oops!

Replica Railways and Electrifying Trains had wandered off, but hadn't got very far. They're now back on our Trade Exhibitor Webpage !

MORE UPDATES TO OUR WEBSITE !

ALL of our Travel Information Webpages have now been updated:

If you have any questions not answered on our website, please ask !

For the benefit of the early arrivals the snack bar at the show will be open from 08.00, serving bacon and sausage cobs, beans on toast etc

They will also have tea, coffee, etc available. :drink_mini:

Or you can buy a bottle of pop from one of the machines. Some people buy drinks from the machine just to watch it in operation :wacko:

So you can get a parking space then have a bite to eat before the show opens.

You can also watch bemused as several people, possibly including yours truly, running around sorting those last minute niggles that always happen :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Jamie and Gary for the teaser photos...even though I can't fly back for this one, I hope there is a shed load of photos posted after the show as it looks like it will be a cracker.

Oh the pain...the pain :(

Scottish Themed Grouping 2012

It seems that over the years we've become well known for our Scottish Themed Groupings. We’ve always tried to select the layouts on the basis of their quality. This year will be no exception and we’ve tried really hard to bring you the very best once again !

One of our members thought it would be a good idea to build some baseboards and, at the show, join them all up. Then it was pointed out to him that, excellent as they undoubtedly all were, this year’s Scottish layouts were in three different scales and five different gauges !

Here’s this year’s line-up:

Fisherrow Yard
- 7mm scale/O - 1970s - by Ian Futers

Portchullin
- 4mm scale/P4 - 1970s - by Mark Tatlow -
See Above

Culreoch
- 4mm scale/EM - 1960s - by Jamie Wood -
See Above

Glenuig
- 4mm scale/EM - 1980s - by Gary Hinson -
See Above

Bannochbrae
- 4mm scale/OO - 1960-1970s - by Roger Nicholls

Loch Oran
-
2.0625mm/
N - 1990s - by BARMATES (Bridlington)

No less than three of the six layouts are being exhibited by RM Webbers, so come along and say hello.

SPECIAL DISCOUNT !

Don’t forget: as in previous years, upon production of a valid membership card, members of supporting societies are eligible for a discount on the standard adult Day Membership (Admission) rate. This year the discount is £1.00 !

· Adults: £8.00

· Supporting Societies: * £7.00

The supporting societies are:

* = Historical Model Railway Society, 2mm Scale Association, Scalefour Society,

EM Gauge Society, Gauge 0 Guild, Diesel & Electric Modellers United,

Railway Correspondence & Travel Society,

National Model Railroad Association (British Region),

and the International Plastic Modellers Society.

PLEASE NOTE:

Visitors are only elligible for ONE concession, no matter how old you are or how many organisations you belong to !

· Saturday is our busiest day. Please visit us on the Sunday, if you can !

As long as the last few gasps of my efforts go today come to fruition, we should have a compliment of signals going. Indeed, if I can tap up some of the MERG guys at either Watford or Glasgow, lets see if we can make them bounce.......

Ah good. Should be nice to use more than just two or three levers at last! :D

Incidentally, I've got those board-board connectors I promised I'd bring along. Bring some terminal block....... :)

Well, headache permitting all the competion stuff should be sorted within the next few days, an then next week...my (what seems to be annual) baking days will commence...although testing what ive baked seems to be the missus"s annual thing too, im assuming her diet not get in the way of that!!! ;)

Dave

Well, headache permitting all the competion stuff should be sorted within the next few days, an then next week...my (what seems to be annual) baking days will commence...although testing what ive baked seems to be the missus"s annual thing too, im assuming her diet not get in the way of that!!! ;) Dave

Sounds like our house....plus I usually get told off for snaffling cakes and Geoff's special gingerbread trains.

Archived