Model Railroader February 2012

Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

This edition arrived on Wednesday 28th December!

I liked the article about using big scenes in a small space.

The review of the ON30 Porter 0 4 0 and 0 4 2 now available from Bachmann with DCC and sound intrigued me. I recall struggling to hide decoders on my earlier versions.

Especially for Pete (Trisonic) and Jack (Shortliner) the 8 by 4 project continues though this month it is about benchwork so the article could be useful for other sized projects.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Jeez, I haven't even got mine yet, Tony!

Must be those tail winds over the Atlantic you predicted!

Though we sent a parcel to CT and it arrived for Christmas Eve ,4 days after posting which shows that even against the wind just how fast these things can be sometimes!

The article about Flemming Örneholms Eagle creek was a real nice one!

I've met Flemming many times (we were in the same Round robin group) and I visited the former incarnation of his layout before he moved back to Denmark.

His layout is very scenic and feels larger than it is.

I subscribe to MR on Zinio, and it is good as it is much cheaper and no delay in delivery as it's digital!

• RMweb Gold

The article about Flemming Örneholms Eagle creek was a real nice one!

His layout is very scenic and feels larger than it is....

I liked it as I thought it was a very good way of showing the interesting bits without needing a large basement. I don't disregard the big plans in MR as I can see some parts that would be nice to extract and I was pleased to see how good it looked.

Archived