Canterbury Exhibition 21st and 22nd January 2012

Cheesehead

Canterbury Model Railway Society's annual exhibition takes place on Saturday 21st and 22nd January 2012 at St. Anselm's School in Canterbury, CT1 3EN.[/left]

Full details on the Society Website: http://www.ccmrs.co.uk/Page_4x.html

LAYOUTS INVITED include:-

BISHOPS WEARBURN - N Gauge BR(NE)

LOCH AYLING - OO Finescale BR(Sc)

WIDNES ROAD - OO Finescale (BR)

WIVELISCOMBE - OO 1960's BR(W)

HARBOURNE - OO 1960's

DYDLEY JUNCTION - N LMS/BR(M)

WARREN LANE - OO Freightliner terminal 1990's

MOFFAT MILLS - BR(Sc) 1980's

FFODOS TREACLE WORKS - O/16.5 freelance

THOMAS SELF DRIVE - Folkestone MRC

DREWRY LANE - OO 1960's BR

GALATIA - American HO

RHINESIDE - 3mm German

GESTUP ST. ANNE - O/16.5 freelance

CANTERBURY & DISTRICT MES - 5" Gauge

Plus Trade support from:

David Wills, Carriage & Wagon Models,

The Signal Box Model Railways,

Woodpecker Books,

Layouts 4 U,

Engine Shed Toys,

Realistic Modelling Services,

Kent Garden Railways,

Modellers Mate,

Ray Morris,

BH Enterprises,

Digcom Designs,

Euroscale Models,

and Harbour Heights

Moffat Mills. OO Scale, will be at the exhibition.

The layout depicts a distillery on the Scottish Region in the period from 1985-1990. The actual location is near to Airdrie on the line towards Bathgate which re-opened in December 2010 - Moffat Mills was the junction/ exchange sidings for the ABM branch in the Inverhouse distillery. The buildings are based on those at Kennethmont whilst the track layout is loosely based on Port Elphinstone both on the Inverness to Aberdeen line.

Rolling stock comprises of a ABM owned Class 08 to shunt the yard (although a BR may be used), Polybulk wagons of various types/ liveries, CO2 tanks, whisky tank containers and HEA coal wagons. Class 20/26/27 are used on the local trip working from Mossend which services the distillery.

The single track main line is worked by various First Generation DMU's and operated using a "shuttle unit".

Although the layout is 9 years old I have completely re-laid the track and re-wired the layout in the last 12 months. All stock has now been fitted with Kadees.

A couple of pictures are attached. We hope to see you at Canterbury.

Chris

6620497459_bb72e4c429_m.jpg

6620489881_eeae13c6d5_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I attended today with my daughters and grandson.

Excellent first impressions as we were guided to a parking spot and went to pay our money but it all went to pot when we tried to get a hop up for my grandson.

Unless you had the EXACT money, the steward (Mr James Bond and I still can't decide if his name tag was a joke) would do nothing. Not easy having given my change to the ladies on the front desk. I was certainly not impressed by his "helpful" suggestion that I left a £5 (The offered note) deposit instead! Fortunately it was all sorted by my daughters return from the loos and we scraped together the required one pound.

After that I calmed down and enjoyed the exhibition. Wivelscombe being my favourite!

I had a very nice time today at this lovely exhibition. My favourite layout had to be Bishops Wearburn having seen it a couple of times before - the "Bridges over the River Wear" at the right hand end of the layout I find fantastically well modelled and completely evocative of the area modelled which I know quite well. There were a good number of youngsters in attendance and they must have loved the "Rat" on Gest Up St Anne - it certainly put a smile on my miserable old face! The show, at about 11.00am this morning when me and Mrs D arrived, was very well attended - a full car park and a good throng of people in the two halls. If I am in the area again next year/same time I will definitely revisit! Congratulations to all concerned with the organisation of this cracking show. There was a very good spread of layout types across time zone and location and a good balance of trade support in my opinion, which was probably the intention of the show organisers anyway I like to think.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Graham,

I'm very sorry to hear about that. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the club. I'll pass this on to the exhibition manager and try and ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the show.

Hi Graham,

I'm very sorry to hear about that. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the club. I'll pass this on to the exhibition manager and try and ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the show.

Thank you for taking note. I should of course add that my grandson loved having a drive (Or three) on the Thomas layout and riding on the train outside. Something for everyone.

Archived