Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Class 325 Royal Mail unit in EM

Bit more light spraying to see what things look like, grey and yellow certainly show up any flaws or minor blemishes. Thankfully though the windows and their ghoting are becoming less day by day! Feels like I have been saying that for months, guess I have but it is working!

Pics to follow..

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher

Last couple of days have been taken up adding layers of filler to the cab sides and fronts. Thankfully nearly done now, out with the emery in a few days getting them blended takes an ages but a job best done slow and steady.

Few images as promised, the routine has been glue fill, wet emery, then spray with grey primer, then look for any more imperfections, then spray with the yellow filler which is a little thicker than normal primer but doesnt clogg detail. Used with the grey I seem to be able to see how things are coming along or not as the case maybe!

The only main area of work on the sides now the windows are looking better or lack of them is the join between roof and side which depsiter being glued and a good fit left a little lip that needs careful trimming back, my seam scraper takes care of that though.

We had a little drive out the other night to see 1S96 pass through Lichfield A 325 at full pelt didnt give much opportunity for photos!

post-7587-0-28064700-1333291635_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-01793100-1333291651_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-52521300-1333291673_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-88232100-1333291705_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-78373200-1333291724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 6

Crackers is me...haha biscuits are for scale purposes!

As for a completion maybe June? .

So no rush or imposed deadline for me. Its been a nice project to undertake after over ten years of thinking hmmmm I wonder!

Ian

Edited by Ian Fisher

Looking forward to a trip up north hopefully, Saturday to York.

On my shopping list will be sprung oleo buffers.....I can only try

Picking up some nice milky bar bits and bobs from Mr Edge (if not I will leave him the wedge for them!)

I think I may have a look at Replica's chassis's and have a look at their worth to the project (Ta Phil H!)

I will also hopefully be able to get some fine triangular section strip from Squires.

Last few days has seen work continue in small burst on the other DTV's getting them to a similair status of build. I invested in some more filler primer too today from Halfords in Swadlincote, oh and some bauxite ready for a top coat! I can dream....

Ian

• Like 1

Good day out to York which got all my shopping...and a few good constructive chats to boot!

The chassis is something that will be looked at by the R&D section to see how it could be used as a fleet standard...I like my standards..

Oh and the milky bar is on Mike! UF Bits Thank you! Mr Edge.

post-7587-0-90676100-1333839911_thumb.jpg

post-7587-0-92336500-1333839943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good day out to York which got all my shopping...and a few good constructive chats to boot!

The chassis is something that will be looked at by the R&D section to see how it could be used as a fleet standard...I like my standards..

Hi Ian,

I've had a play with the chassis.......

Not for use on 'Modern Units' like the CL320 etc :superman:

However - will find a use under the CL303 and CL311 EMU's though.

Now - if only I could find a way to get Replica to do a similar chassis to suit the 'Modern Units'....

As well!

Thanks

Hi Phil,

Godfreys lad reckons hes putting it in his 319 with a tweak..I am looking at how it might fit in the TAV and have the PTMV as unpowered we can only ave a look!

Ian

Hi Ian,

I've had a play with the chassis.......

Not for use on 'Modern Units' like the CL320 etc :superman:

However - will find a use under the CL303 and CL311 EMU's though.

Now - if only I could find a way to get Replica to do a similar chassis to suit the 'Modern Units'....

As well!

Thanks

Edited by Ian Fisher

• RMweb Gold

Hi Phil,

Godfreys lad reckons hes putting it in his 319 with a tweak..I am looking at hw it might fit in the TAV and have the PTMV as unpowered we can only ave a look!

Ian

HI Ian,

In which case...

I want to know the tweak!

Runs superbly - no messing about with sorting pickups, motor position.gear meshing etc.....

Sure winner if it can be adapted.

Thanks

Been cutting lifting sections tonight 4mm long fiiting over the next few days, thats the triangular plastruct in the picture above, only thing is its showed up a flaw with the circular door open which must be in a different place 319 vs 325! awww well out with the scalpel!

Ian

Thirty six triangular sections now glued on to nine of the cars that make up my twelve (the PTMV's only have one long lifting section)

Just got to drill the door opening things again now, moved to allow the lifting plates to be in their rightful places.

As the part is only .8mm and 3.5mm long bit hard to take a close up photo off...Least I know they are there!