RMweb

Weston Super Mare Exhibition .

Sidecar Racer

Although its only the 4th exhibition at this site I have been impressed with them so far.

The reaction from the public seems to have been favourable with good numbers attending.

I hope to get there as usual.

cheers

• RMweb Gold

What a good (and busy) show. Well done to Keith Price for a cracking selection of layouts - I was exhibiting myself but thanks to my trusty operating team I managed to get around and see some very nice modelling indeed. My personal favourites were Ian Manderson's EM Hartburn and the two 7mm layouts Oldham King Street and Bleadon... and before you ask I did not take my camera around the show - sorry.

Chris

Just got back from the show, managed to get the layout down, boxed up and loaded in 20 mins. Must be a record!

I'll endorse the comments of the show's quality and I did take some pictures but not sure how good they will turn out being hand held with slow shutter speeds.

If they turn out Ok I'll post some up tomorrow.

Nice to meet so many RMWebbers there too! Thanks gents for calling by and saying hello, I might be down your way again in 2013 if the one enquiry I had comes to fruition.

Cheers for now

Frank.

• RMweb Premium

I have to agree with Chris , Keith does a brilliant job of organising this event , just about single handed I believe ,

this show improves year by year .

Two of us travelled over from Burnham , we decided that if we left here at 10-00 by the time we arrived it should

be a walk in , ohh no , not this year , still a queue at 10-20 , and still coming through the doors when we stopped

for a coffee at about 11-45 . When we were chatting to Keith I think he said they'd had a 1000 through the door

by lunchtime , and haveing fought through some areas I dont doubt it .

Plenty of good layouts in all the usual forms of gauge and scales , and some had come some distance for just

a one day event , such is the power of Keith's persuation .

We had the chance to say hello to Frank ( Dukedog ) and his lovely Pen Y Bont , but could'nt take up to

much of his time as there were always people waiting to look at it , also bumped into some othe RM webber's

including Ullypug and a couple of the Bently boys .

No photo's I'm afraid as my compact camera does not really like indoor shooting without the flash and I dont like

flashing when people are operating .

Next year is already in the planning , so far Keith has 19 confirmed layouts and I'm sure he will get more yet ,

he was telling us that he is looking at further space availability within the same location .

This is a great show and all proceeds go to a worthy charity , last year's total was £2,000 and I think this years

will be higher .

Yes, another good show, with variety as usual.

I enjoyed Pen-Y-Bont, Coal Yard and Pixash Lane.

For part of the day I had the company of my 5 year old nephew, he was impressed by the smoke

effects on Owen Street, and I agree they were effective.

Interestingly it was not only non-stop action that caught his attention,

the excellent Bleadon had plenty of rural detail to maintain interest.

Teigl Tramway, not in my normal interest range was also very good,

I believe the attendance figure was near 1500 by the close, well done to all concerned.

cheers

I've done a bit of a blog entry HERE about my fun and games at the Weston exhibition so I won't repeat it all here.

I am just adding to this thread a couple of pictures out of the 18 I took that are worth publishing. Using the camera hand held on aperture priority spoiled a few with camera shake.

However, here's a few of the more unusual exhibits.

6707165683_b7c9684e31_o.jpg

This unusual rail motor is in G scale and is modelled on a true prototype, Dave Buckingham showed me the photos of the prototype and how it worked.

I like the unusual items like this, "normal" run of the mill stuff you can see at any expo, but this stuff is something you don't see that often.

Here;s another of Dave's models this time it's a fire truck on rails.

6707165185_a9477268e3_o.jpg

Change of scale and gauge now to some USA narrow gauge stuff.

Richard Pretious layout Glenwood springs, 0n30 7mm scale.

6707164593_46f9bed464_o.jpg

I don't really have much affection for American HO scale steamers, finding them a bit to overpowering for my taste.

However, I do have time for this scale and have seen some fine layouts in this scale, If I wasn't too involved with other things this would be a scale/gauge combination I would like to model.

Well that's about all that are worth showing out of my camera,

I'll leave you with a final shot of my own layout pen Y Bont taken just before closing time.

6707179397_46effae680_o.jpg

Thanks again to all those members who stopped by to say hello, and I apologise for not having too much time to stop and chat longer.

Cheers all.

Frank

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I saw Keith at the Manchester show a couple of weeks back when I was there with my layout, he invited me to the 2014 Weston show and gave me one of his cards to contact him, but I cannot find the card! I was wondering if anyone has an email address for him please so I can foward him my details. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thankyou,

Benn.

Archived