help, Bachmann class 37 sounds

Rob Hayes

hi guys thanks for all the help, this is my 37693 running this weekend, ive tried to annotate the video but youtube wont let me at the moment,

this advice from piemanlarger about the notching and having f5 as a momentary and f6 as a latch really helped loads, i couldnt stop running them i was having so much fun,

hope this helps others who have Bachmann class 37s.

fitted the loco with a Bass enhanced 20mm x 40mm fitted in the roof, and a Bass reflex 58mm x 22mm fitted in the fuel tanks, both from the lovely people at dcc supplies, the loco now sounds out of this world,

woops sorry, i didnt realise that there was a limit i was just trying to share my new loco in my posts were i thought it would be relevant and of interest,

im new to this even though ive been a member since feb last year, ive had about 11 months away from the forum,

many sorrys rob

Rob there is not a limit as such but it makes it harder for members and search engines to keep track of things if they are duplicated hence my action. Not a problem so nothing to worry about. Anyway enough of hijacking this thread I will leave you all to it.

• 1 month later...

i have the current sound fitted 37049 and it is a little on the quiet side, as i have seen mentioned elsewhere. would my retailer be able to notch up the sound for me ? or anyone with a slightly more grown system than ez command ?

Can anyone remind me of the CV to change to avoid the loco going through a re-start if it stalls on a point etc?

Finding 37417 tends to loose the sound very easy.

thanks

Keith

Hi Keith

Assuming your 37 417 came factory fitted with sound ? a Lok V4 will be fitted. CV124 value 6 will only work on the earlier V3.5 sound decoders, this CV has a different use on V4's. If I lift my own 37 417 off the track briefly on one side when running, it does not go back into re-start, it just resumes where it stopped (sound wise). This would suggest on V4's this may already be a "default" setting as standard on the decoder.

Perhaps some other users could/will comment on this ?

HTH

Ken

i have the current sound fitted 37049 and it is a little on the quiet side, as i have seen mentioned elsewhere. would my retailer be able to notch up the sound for me ? or anyone with a slightly more grown system than ez command ?

well i dunno about the ez command . and the lok v4 has different cv parameters that the older type, the Bachmann ones are quieter due to rubbish speakers that just are not up to the job, thats why i always go to dcc supplies to get myself some bass reflex and bass enhanced speakers to fit, all my Bachmann 37s are the same and makes a really huge improvement to the sound quality and volume levels of the swd/Bachmann sounds, like i have done with 37693 on my video abouve. you wont regret it. go buy those speakers! you will love it!

Archived