Bishopscombe 2 - a new start

Unicorn1

Thanks Jules

I know the feeling. It took me a while to get round to dismantling the layout, but I've done it now so no turning back!

The basic plan was just really to see how the new baseboards would work.

Cheers 

Les

• Unicorn1 changed the title to Bishopscombe 2 - a new start

After dismantling the layout I now have space to start planning and building Bishopscmbe Mk2.

I have deliberately decided on a very similar plan, but with what I've learned over the past 11 years with Mk1 I think I can make this one better - starting from the ground up.

Building the boards has started, and a track plan is more or less decided upon.

two boards now well underway, and the frames for the others done.

IMG_1.jpg.f56c41843febd6f543f989f9caad400c.jpgIMG_2.jpg.98cc5eb663f07a7f65680a14daaa5d2f.jpg

And the track plan - as  it is for now.......

TP5.jpg.a42567a9d88cb594b84b4dbc6e13e8e6.jpg

There isn't a bay as such, but an end loading dock from the station forecourt, and maybe the cattle pens could also be on this short siding?

I'm not sure I'll keep the cut-out in the second board - but I thought it might b useful for the controls, I need to think a bit more about that!

Cheers

Les

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Progress on Bishopscombe II

Boards1.jpg.bd4f32dece064f9cd0809412c0dd8635.jpg

The main boards finally in place - stable and dead level! - although recovering from a recent hernia op has slowed things down quite a bit!

All joined with pattern makers dowels , and each of the 'push fit' legs equipped with an adjuster.

Never have so many holes been drilled by so few!

Need to seal the tops next then get some cork down, but Mk2 is getting there.

Cheers

Les

• Like 12

Another thought before I get to the painting / cork / track laying - I've already decided on the backscene, but how to mount it?

Previously I've jus 'stuck' it to the walls, but I'd like it to curve around the edges of the layout; I've left room for this, but what to use? Would flexible MDF be too heavy?  There is a gap left around the baseboards for this, but other that this I'm at a loss for what to use.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks 

Les