South Lanarkshire Exhibition

david12345

• RMweb Gold

Hi David,

Extract from emailed cancellation of DEMU attending the show...

'

The Club has reviewed the viability of our Exhibition. We have regretfully concluded that the Exhibition will not be viable in the present circumstances and in its present format. We feel that this will be the case for at least the next year.

Thus, I have to inform you that the planned exhibition on 21-22 April 2012 at Rutherglen Town Hall has been cancelled.

This decision is no reflection upon the quality of the society support during the period we have run the show, which we feel has always been good. We had been looking forward to your participation in 2012 which would have continued the thread of quality. The reason for the cancellation is purely one of the “dismal science†– economics. We regret this news but the Club only want to run a show if it is viable and the content is of high quality. We hope that that this amount of notice will mean there are no problems arising for you from the cancellation.

The Club will be further reviewing the situation for future years beyond 2012. As developments arise and any new plans firm up, we will – if you are interested – keep you informed.'

For more information I suggest an email to:-

exhibitionmanager@eastkilbridemrc.co.uk

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Yes that is a shame. Enjoyed my wee trip to Rutherglen. Many thanks for keeping us informed.

On a related point, is there an exhibition in Irvine (used to be held in Saltcoats) towards end Jan? Can't see any sign in the exhibition pages of Railway Modeller

Legend, the Irvine exhibition is next weekend, 21st & 22nd of January. Details are currently on the bottom

of page 2 of the RMWeb "Exhibitions" list. Might see you there but I'm not certain what day I'm being allowed out.

Jim

Thanks for your interest in the South Lanarkshire Exhibition.

And thanks to Phil for posting some information on our reasoning.

I can really add only a little to that...

The planned exhibition on 21-22 April 2012 at Rutherglen Town Hall has been cancelled, because when we reviewed the situation, we came to the conclusion that it wasn't viable.

As has been said to all the exhibitors, traders and societies who we had initially hoped to welcome, the decision was taken on economic grounds. There was no question about the quality of the exhibits, society support and trade support over the years, which we like to think has always been good. EKMRC want to records our thanks to Mike Bissett and Ian Cudworth for the hard work they have put in over the last five years as Exhibition Managers. And while it has been enjoyable, we really only want to run a show if it meets the two criteria of being viable and having content of high quality.

We're looking at what the future will hold.

Thank you to all who have supported the exhibition in previous years as participants or visitors.

Michael

EKMRC

Archived