Sounds for a ice cream van

Guest 838rapid

Guest 838rapid

I am building a small diarama to go in a area of my bedroom.

I am facinated by Weymouth Quay branch and am looking at making something like it but in a 5ft 10 space.

Have seen the latest Vanguard ice cream van and am thinking if fitting a sound chip to it.

I would like a tune and even some seagulls too.

Has anyone got any sound files they might like to suggest.

Cheers Guys

• RMweb Gold

I am building a small diarama to go in a area of my bedroom.

I am facinated by Weymouth Quay branch and am looking at making something like it but in a 5ft 10 space.

Have seen the latest Vanguard ice cream van and am thinking if fitting a sound chip to it.

I would like a tune and even some seagulls too.

Has anyone got any sound files they might like to suggest.

Cheers Guys

If you are going to comply with the Code of Practice for ice cream chimes, published 1982 IIRC, you won't need any unless the van is capable of moving as they shouldn't be used when it is stationary.

Greensleves has always been a popular ice cream van tune round my way., or something like this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qCT0BclQQ

A selection of gulls here:-

http://www.junglewal...gull-sounds.htm

Heh heh the cuckoo waltz theme tune nice! i will be building a bedford picador ice cream van Tonibell /Lyons maid model the tonibell chime is what i will be looking for.?

Mark.

Guest jim s-w

Are you planning to use a locsound decoder for this? You would get a much better sound (and save yourself a fortune) using a cheap USB sound unit.

Hth

Jim

Guest 838rapid

I have already got 25322 in O gauge complete with sound chip.

I like your thinking though relating to 25322, even managed to get nameplate transfers for Tammy Castle and thats already got the seagulls,thanks Bryan at Howes.

Am looking at a Tonibell van to convert and I have got 3 spare 3.5 micros left after changing gauge to O.

Although I like the idea about the USB sound unit.

Archived