RMweb

Front Bogies for Hornby China A3/A4

Hello

Has anybody got a solution?

I am repairing some second-hand China chassis for A3/A4 and when looking at the Front Bogie, realise that I need a connector to connect the bogie to the chassis.

The item is clearly shown on the service sheet - 275 284 315 358 - but does not have a part number. The front bogie part number is named "Front Bogie Assembly" but you only get a bogie and no assembly items if you purchase this.

Any ideas?

Andy

Have a try with Modelspares who arre on ebay or East Kent Models dealt with both recently and both were very helpful and quick in their replies.

Ian

Thanks for your response. I have tried East Kent but they only have the bogies not the connector. I didn't know there was a Modelspares still operating since Barrie Marsh and then the "new" Modelspares that went out of business. Andy

Hi Andy

I've had this issue and failed to find a supplier who could help - as you say, there is no part no. However I found that making a link from scrap brass, in the "old fashioned way" bogies used to be fitted, works just as well. You need to fit the rear in the hole where the connector would fit with a self- tapping screw

. I run on reasonably tight curves and have'nt had a problem with derailing. I think the earlier China tender drive bogies fit without modification, but can't quite remember.

The item is clearly shown on the service sheet - 275 284 315 358 - but does not have a part number.

The bracket has no part no. because it is not available as a spare part.

You will have to fabricate your own replacement part.

No it is the bracket I need not the bogie itself. Incidentally Abigails (Hornbyspares) are usually cheaper than Peterspares.

The bracket has no part no. because it is not available as a spare part.

You will have to fabricate your own replacement part.

OK I will fabricate one and see how it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived