Farish 37 dcc wont drive?

BROADTRAIN1979

Hi i have mentioned this in another thread i have a zimo mx648f and ct cube ,now when plugged in to the 37 loco it does all the wonderful sounds, and goes into drive sound but.... the loco wont move , tried a lenz silver mini and no problem runs great !is there a cv change or something? as i have the same decoder and ct cube speaker for my 47 and that runs an sounds a treat! Any ideas?? as its a bit of a headache it sounds good but no movement????

Many Thanks.

Mark.

• RMweb Premium

Do the lights come on and off when you use F0?

It might be something as simple as the decoder being plugged in the wrong way round (i.e. pin 1 to pin 6).

Have you tried the class 37 decoder in the 47? Part of the motor drive circuitry on the decoder might be faulty.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Hi steven, Thanks for reply, i did try it the other way round and nothing ,funny thing with the lights, wont operate ,yet worked on lenz mini? actually no. i havent tried it in the 47? good idea! i did phone digitrains today spoke to chris he said to re-set the decoder cv8 to 0 try that if no joy send it back for them to look at

Great service or what! I will try the 47 and cv tomorrow hopefully i will get movement. The 47 though wow!!!

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

id opt for writing cv8 to value 8 or value 0 and it should be fine then, it will reset the decoder to defaults and the sound will be unaffected so dont worry.

i did it on my zimo mx640 fitted to Bachmann 37254 as id mistakenly written a value in the wrong cv making it have the same problem you described.

Archived