MONTGOMERYVILLE

robbostrains

Thought I'd post a few pics of my HO layout"MONTGOMERYVILLE"Bought the layout off E-BAY a while back,great trackwork and electrics.Points operated via switches,wired for DCC.uncoupling magnets strategically placed.It's 20ins wide and about 12ft long in four sections plus a 4ft fiddle yard.I have changed a few of the buildings around and added a few.Originally the layout was only in three sections added a section to the bottom end just to get a few more industries.Afraid it's not up to the standard of the original but it's not bad.It's probably the best layout I have ever had,and I have had a few!Saying that why do I feel the need to sell it?Think the reason is it's just to good,have fine tuned it moved a few industries about and added a few,added cars,trucks,people.Got lights to install but still want to sell!Might be that switching is not my thing,don't mind doing it for a while but don't spend all evening doing it.Would love a big layout with long trains going round but not possible in HO.Could do it in N gauge,in fact have started collecting UNITRACK .There's a layout on "Custom Model Railroad Builder" website.By Mark A. Baczkowski, called the" Weber Canyon Layout".Now that's what I would like to build or something similar. Obviously in N gauge! Am I crackers?

post-932-0-48353100-1327251817_thumb.jpg

post-932-0-06564700-1327251865_thumb.jpg

post-932-0-47896300-1327251905_thumb.jpg

post-932-0-24209900-1327251948_thumb.jpg

post-932-0-24448000-1327251962.jpg

Hi,here's a few more shots of layout.This is the board I added.ACME CHEMICALS is the main industry,there's a big office block with a loading bay plus the silos.At the rear is the cold storage warehouse at the back is a factory with box car and lorry access.Not the best photographer in the world as you can tell!

post-932-0-06431400-1327434148_thumb.jpg

post-932-0-31371500-1327434187_thumb.jpg

post-932-0-99442600-1327434221_thumb.jpg

Bit puzzled ,140 plus views but only one comment.I know I'm not the most prolific poster myself mainly because I don't spend all my time glued to the computer,so is this a subtle form of forum snobbery?I'm not looking for any awards just some comment on how good or bad the layout looks.Or am I being paranoid?

No, you are being paranoid! I was awaiting more developments before commenting. Like Jack, I like it, so far.

Seriously, don't be so sensitive...no one will come on here and say your work sucks (well, only if I publish a photo of mine)....

Best, Pete.

Don't be paranoid,layout looks ok to me,maybe the lack of comments could be taken as a complement that people can't find anything wrong with your layout.

But does it really matter what other people think,it's your railroad and if your happy with it thats all that matters.

It's so easy for people to pull other peoples work to bits, its harder to give constucted comments with out affending people.

keep up the good work.

Ray

from deepest west cumbria

Archived