I Need another Bachmann 37 Chassis

michaelp

I need another Bachmann Class 37 chassis and since a certain shop in Scotland no longer sells them I'll probably have to buy another Class 37 complete and swap the body over, I'm unsure which chassis would be suitable for the body I want to fit.

The body is one of the Bachmann Sound BR Blue 37s with the split headcode boxes 32-783DS I think.

Does anyone know which 21 pin Bachmann chassis would be suitable for the body in order to keep the directional and cab lights working as they should.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

• RMweb Gold

Another model with the split codes is green 32-782 D6801. It sounds like it has the same light arrangements as yours with spring contacts to connect body lights to the chassis and also a 21 pin decoder. (See the other thread in this forum re problems with class 37 decoder and lighting contacts). I am not sure whether this model is still available though as, although I bought mine not too long ago, production runs are short and models soon sell out.

I think you will find older models have different light connection arrangements and possibly different decoder fittings (if any) but I stand to be corrected on that issue .

Good luck.

Don

I have a chassis from 37428 'David Lloyd George', it's one of the newer releases and has a 21 pin socket. The lighting board for the Bachmann 37s is located in the nose of them so as long as you have the shell then any Bachmann 37 chassis should be alright for your needs although I stand to be corrected.

cheers,

Lukasz

Another model with the split codes is green 32-782 D6801.

I think the issue of using this would be the different buffer arrangements, i.e. buffers fitted to 'skirts' on the green model(s) (and at least the ltd edition 37003 in blue) which are then fitted to the body. The buffers on the 37049 model are fitted to the chassis.

Might be worth contacting Bachmann before splashing out on a new model?

Archived