• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/05/2012 at 17:42, Castle said:

Shunters truck No. 100377 is a bit of an odd ball as it was converted in 1953, from a set of under frames that formally belonged to a 'Mink A' van, built in 1923 within Lot 882 to Diagram V14. It therefore really isn't entitled to the GWR paint scheme it currently carries. Neither should it be carrying the name Moreton Cutting (a small yard formerly just outside Didcot) but we are all friends here. It has been rather beautifully restored by the Carriage & Wagon Department recently too and really looks the part so I'm not complaining!

post-14393-0-92447600-1338223163_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Just come across this wagon prompted by a chat elsewhere. Is the one off Didcot conversion on a 9ft wheelbase compared to the usual 8?

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Drew,

I have just recieved my DRC newsletter e-mail including pictures of 4079. She's looking good. You must be pleased / satisfied. Good luck with the launch in April...

Regards,

Richard

Edited by rhnrhn
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Castle whilst it has been a while since any comments have been on this thread, I was wondering if you could help me?

Prior to joining Didcot, I know that GWR MICA 105860 was in the ownership of the Port of Authorities. Can you tell me if it was Port of Bristol Authority or Port of London Authority please?